{24} Mine [Series 2]

TWENTY-FOUR:

© All Rights Reserved - 2013 S. M. Palmer

♥︎♡♥︎ KEIRA ♡♥︎♡

"COLBY, CAN YOU PLEASE PLAY with you son while I take a shower?" I ask Colby later that day. I had just woken up from a seven and a half hour sleep.

We arrived home at 4:45 this morning and as soon as we got in, I went to sleep with Derek. Colby stayed up and chilled in the living room. Korey and Monica also spent the night since we got home so late (or should I say early). They're still sleeping right now.

"Sure," he answers. He lays down on his stomach on the floor while I also lay Derek on his stomach on his play mat. I then go to take my shower.

When I'm done in our room, I go into the living room and lay down across his back as I begin massaging it. "Mm, that feels so good, baby," Colby informs.

"Colby, I have to tell you something," I whisper.

"Hm?"

"I just wanted to say, I love you," I whisper before kissing the back of his head.

That for sure puts a smile on his face. "I love you too," he answers.

- - -

If I could rewind back and change something; I would. I would take out Christian ever raping me and taking Colby's special gift that he deserved to have. It hurt my heart the first time we slept together. Like he had something special to give me, but I didn't have anything special to give him in return. Well, besides, nine months later, giving him his son.

After I got his son asleep for his nap, I grab my Doctor Who blanket and cuddle up on the couch with that. I don't know where my husband went. That's when Korey comes into the living room. "Hey, sis," he replies, sitting at the other end of the couch.

"Hi, Bubba," I reply. "Damn, y'all slept late."

"Well, I was tired," he answers. "Where's my best friend?"

"I don't know," I answer.

"Where's my nephew?" he asks, cocking an eyebrow.

"He's sleeping in his playpen," I answer, pointing over at his playpen.

"Oh." That's when I hear Monica start crying from the guest room. Korey is about to go get her, but I stop him. "Bubba, I'll go get her," I answer, standing up and going to get my niece.

When I enter the room, I spot Monica sitting up in bed and she has tears running down her face. I go up to her and pick her up. "Baby girl, what's wrong?" I ask as I brush her bangs from her face.

"Where Daddy?" she cries, her bottom lip quivering.

"He's in the living room," I answer. "Come on, sweetie."

I bring her into the living room with me and when she sees Korey, she claps her hands together. "Daddy!"

Korey gets up and takes her from me. "Hi, baby girl," he replies before kissing her cheek. "How did you sleep?"

"Good," she answers, smiling at her dad.

So, Korey and Monica spent the rest of the day at our place and then left after dinner. (Since Korey lived in an apartment complex a few streets down from here, it only took him about ten minutes from my apartment complex to his apartment complex.) After the dish washer is loaded and started, I curl up on the couch with Colby. "Babe, where'd you go earlier?" I ask as I fiddle with his fingers.

"I had to go do something," he answers. "Nothing you need to worry about."

"Oh."

- - -

{Saturday, March 12, 2011}

I wake up the next day to find Derek wide awake in his crib and playing with toes while cooing to himself. 'Well, if he's content, I'm just going to leave him be' I thought as I try to sneak past his crib without him seeing me. Unfortunately, that doesn't work. He notices me and starts reaching out for me. "You're growing to be a Momma's boy, aren't you?"

That's when I hear Colby speak behind me. "No, he's growing up to be a Daddy's Boy, but he needs his mom since she's the one with his milk."

A smile plasters across Derek's face when he notices Colby. He starts reaching out for him. "Come here, buddy."

Colby takes Derek from me and kisses his forehead. "Did you sleep well, buddy?" he coos to Derek.

As Derek smiles at him, he coos. I smile at that. 'I love my two boy's so much' I thought as I mentally smile to myself.

- - -

After we have dinner, Colby and I decide to take Derek to the park. When we get to the park, I take Derek out of his stroller and lay him in the baby swing. I strap him in and begin to gently push the swing. Once his swing was gently swaying, Colby pulls me to sit down in his lap on the big swing with him. "We should make Derek a little sister," he whispers into my neck.

"Uh, isn't that what we've been trying to do?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yeah," he answers. "But maybe we should take the next step of baby making and me not wear condoms when we have sex."

"Babe, the last time you've worn a condom was like the second time we had sex," I inform.

"No, the last time I wore a condom was when we had sex a couple weeks ago," he answers.

"Oh."

I peer over at my son and notice he's staring at us. I get up and go over to Derek before I start tickling his stomach. Every time I do, he giggles. 'Aw, my son is so freaking adorable' I thought as I mentally smile to myself.