{22} Mine [Series 2]

*************************************
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER. THANKS :)
*************************************

TWENTY-TWO:

© All Rights Reserved - 2013 S. M. Palmer

♜♖♜ COLBY ♖♜♖

I DECIDED TO TAKE THE day off. I was suppose to be at work by 5:30, but since Keira and I shared that special episode in the shower, it was past time and I didn't want to be late for work.

Derek is laying on his stomach, propped up on his hands, staring at me and drooling a little. I'm doing the same, minus the drooling part and instead of being propped up on my hands, I'm propped up on my elbows. "Hi, little guy," I coo. I reach my hand out and start tickling underneath his chin. He starts giggling. That's when I hear Keira's footsteps enter the living room. I stop tickling Derek and peer up. "What'cha doing?" she asks, sitting down beside me.

"Playing with Derek," I answer. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing much," she answers. "Uh, I just got off the phone with Natasha and her and I are going to the mall later tonight, would you mind sitting at home with Derek?"

"I don't mind sitting at home with him," I answer. "I mean he is my son too."

"I know. So, you'll stay home with him?" she asks, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yeah," I answer.

She claps her hands together like a 5-year-old would on Christmas morning because he just opened the present he'd been wanting all year. "Yay! Thanks, babe." She gets up and bends down to kiss my cheek before skipping into our room.

I sit up and pick Derek up. "Come on, buddy, let's go see what Momma's doing," I reply, standing up and carrying Derek into our room. We find Keira sitting in the chair that hung from the ceiling and she's doing something on her laptop. "What'cha doing?" I ask as I lay Derek on our bed.

"On Facebook," she answers. "I'm looking at all the pictures that you've posted and I've posted on here in the past five months and there's a lot of us and Derek and just Derek himself."

"Well, yeah," I answer. "Derek's our son, so that's basically the only pictures we upload now."

"True," she answers before I hear her start to type something. "Colby?"

"Yeah, baby?"

"Do you think the reason why we've had so many fights is because we got married at such a young age," she whispers. "I mean I'm still basically a teenager raising a five-month-old and you're 20."

"Babe, we may be young, but we know we want to spend the rest of our life with each other," I answer. "So, we can just fight through this together."

She smiles at me. "I love you, Colby."

"I love you too, baby. Forever only you."

She smiles at me.

♥︎♡♥︎ KEIRA ♡♥︎♡

Later that day, Natasha comes by the house and picks me up. "Hey, girl," she replies when I climb in the car.

"Wazzup chicka."