{20} Mine [Series 2]

TWENTY:

© All Rights Reserved - 2013 S. M. Palmer

♜♖♜ COLBY ♖♜♖

{Sunday, January 9, 2011}

WHEN I AWOKE, I REALIZE Derek and Keira aren't in the room. That's when I hear Keira's soft singing coming from the living room. I climb out of bed and go into the living room. "How long have you been up?" I ask, plopping down beside her.

"Since like 4:00 this morning," she whispers. "Derek only got like an hour of sleep last night because he had an upset stomach, so yeah."

"Babe, you look like you're about to pass out," I whisper. "You want to take Derek so you can go get some sleep?"

"Really, it's fine," she whispers before giving a big yawn.

"Babe, you need some sleep," I reply, reaching over and taking Derek from her. "Get some sleep."

She nods as she stands up. "Okay." She bends down and kisses the top of my head.

- - -

Later that day, my mom texts me.

Mama:
'Are y'all doing anything later?'

Mama's Boy:
'No, why?'

Mama:
'I was going to invite y'all over to my house for dinner :)'

Mama's Boy:
'Sure :) What time do you want us over?'

Mama:
'6:30 sounds good. Will that work for y'all?'

Mama's Boy:
'Yeah that'll work :) see you then :)'

Mama:
'See you tonight xoxo'

I put my phone in my pocket and enter into lie room. That's where I find Keira nursing Derek. I go over to where she is and crouch down. "Hey, baby," I whisper, "I just talked with my mom and we're going over to her house tonight for dinner."

She nods. "Okay. What time do we have to be over there by?"

"6:30," I answer.

She nods again. "Okay. After I'm done nursing Derek, I'll start getting ready."

This time it was my turn to nod, so I did.

While she finished nursing Derek and rocking him to sleep, I begin getting ready. After my five minute shower, I step out and go into my closet to pick out what I'm going to wear. To wear, I decide on my black Aeropostale graphic tee and my light wash ripped and torn jeans. I change into that, hang the towel back up, and go into our room. Derek is now fast asleep while Keira is standing in front of our dresser, only wearing her bra and thongs, and searching for something to wear. I go up to her and grab her ass. She about jumps ten feet in the air. Behind her, I start laughing hysterically. She groans as she turns around and playfully hits my chest. "Colby Trent Middleton, that was not funny!"

I'm laughing so hard, I'm only able to nod. She rolls her eyes and then returns to what she was doing. I plop down on the bed and start playing Tetris on her phone.

♥︎♡♥︎ KEIRA ♡♥︎♡

That was not funny what Colby just did and it's kind of hard searching for what to wear when you have a cast around your neck, left wrist, right leg, and a brace around your rib cage. "Keira?" I hear Colby ask from behind me.

I sigh softly and then turn to him. "Yeah?"

"Babe, why have you been in the hospital so much in the past three and a half years?" he asks. "Babe, you didn't deserve any of that."