{15} Mine [Series 2]

FIFTEEN:

© All Rights Reserved - 2013 S. M. Palmer

♜♖♜ COLBY ♖♜♖

{Saturday, December 4, 2010}

DEREK WOKE ME UP THE next morning with his crying. Climbing out of bed, I go over to his playpen and bend down to pick him up. "Hey, little guy," I coo. "What's wrong?"

That's when I get a whiff of something bad. "Dude, do you have a dirty diaper?"

I carry him over to the changing table and lay him down.

After he's changed, I bring him into the living room and lay him in his swing. He's wide awake and just staring at me. "Hi, buddy." I switch his swing on before going into the kitchen.

Two hours later, Keira enters the living room and park herself beside me on the couch. "Hey, baby," I reply. "How did you sleep?"

"Mm, good," she replies. "Are we still going Christmas shopping today?"

"Yep," I answer.

"Cool." She kisses my cheek before going over to Derek's swing. She bends down and picks him up. "Hi, baby boy," she coos before gently kissing the top of his head. "Derek, you look so much like your daddy as a baby."

I get up from the couch and go up to her. "He does look like me as a baby, doesn't he?"

"Mm-hmm."

I chuckle and then kiss her cheek.

- - -

I push the stroller while Keira walks beside me. "So, where are we going first?" I ask as I glance at her.

"Well, I want to get your sister something," she replies. "So, let's go to Hollister."

I nod. We also shop for Derek, my mom, my stepdad, Jeremy, Erin, Whitney, James, Sabrina, Augustine, Korey, Monica, Stefani, Natasha, and Hayden.

As we drive home, Keira reclines her seat back some and rests her head against the headrest. As I stop for a red light, I turn to her. "Babe, you feeling okay?" I ask, placing my hand on her leg and rubbing it.

"Yeah, I'm feeling fine," she answers. "Guess, I'm tired from all the walking around the mall and stuff today."

"Mm."

The light changes and I start driving. When we get home, she carries the bags and I carry Derek's diaper bag and car seat inside. She does something before coming into the living room to plop down on the couch. I get Derek out of his car seat and bring him into the living room with me. Keira gets up and takes him from me. "Hi, sweetie," she coos to him, brushing the back of her finger against his temple.

I lean in and gently kiss her forehead. "Babe, I just thought of something," I reply. "I have to run back to the mall and pick up something. So, I'll be back in a little bit."

"Alright. Bye, babe."

"Bye, sexy," I respond, smirking and blowing her a kiss before leaving.