{43} Mine [Series 2]

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT. THX DS_GIRL_96

FORTY-THREE:

© All Rights Reserved - 2013 S. M. Palmer

♜♖♜ COLBY ♖♜♖

THE NEXT WEEK, WE SPEND as much time together as we can.

On Monday, we went to the bowling alley and Keira and I play five games against each other. The loser had to give the winner a massage. So in the end, Keira won and I had to give a full body massage. On Tuesday, we went to the park and spent a few hours there. On Wednesday, we went to the mall and I bought whatever Keira wanted for herself and whatever she wanted for Derek. On Thursday, we went to the pool and spent a few hours there. On Friday, we went to the beach and spent a few hours there. On Saturday, we went to the pool again and spent a few hours there again. On Sunday, we went to morning service at Church of the Little Flower and then went out for lunch before spending the rest of Sunday relaxing at home. Sunday night, I had to wash my work clothes and get all ready for his first day at his work tomorrow.

{Sunday, July 31, 2011}

I observe as my wife carries my son—who's sound asleep—into his room and then returns a few seconds later. From her reflection in the full length mirror hanging on our wall, I watch as she slips out of her skinny Capri-pants and black, sparkly halter tank top and she slips into her black soffe booty shorts (that says 1987 across the butt) and leaves her black push-up bra on (and no shirt). Smirking to myself, I climb out of bed and enter our closet. I guess I start making lots of ruckus because after a few minutes, I hear Keira ask, "Babe, what are you doing?"

Popping my head out, I observe she's now laying in our bed on her stomach and she's propped up on her hands. "Told you, I'm getting ready for work tomorrow," I respond.

She nods slowly, looking distressed. Sighing softly (but loudly enough for me to hear), I observe as she grabs her iPhone off the nightstand and does something. After a few seconds, my iPhone dings with a notification. Fishing my phone from my pocket, I tap on the notification and realize Keira tagged me in her status: 'I'm not ready for my hubby to go back to work tomorrow :( It makes me extremely sad! :(' Beside her name it said: feeling sad but thankful for my hubby's job with 'Colby Trent Middleton'.

I 'love' her status and then type into the comment box: 'I love you so much, babe! I'm sad too that I have to go back to work and I won't get to see you or Derek :('

Peering over at my wife, I survey as she reads my comment and smiles. She puts her phone back on the nightstand and grabs my pillow to rest her head against it. I observe silently as she buries her face into it and inhales the scent. Sighing in a low tone, I crawl into bed beside her and start kissing her bare side and arm. She pulls her head from the pillow and looks up. I push myself up on my arms and beam at her. "Hi, beautiful," I reply, leaning down and pecking her on the lips.

"Hi," she giggles as I trail kisses down her bare back.

She rolls over and I bring my lips back up to hers. Smiling against my lips, she wraps her arms around my neck and deepens the kiss. Finally after a couple minutes, she pulls away from me. "What?" I whisper, cocking an eyebrow and giving her a curious look.

"You need to get sleep," she acknowledges. "So, we should stop before it goes too far."

Sighing softly and nodding, I roll onto my side of the bed and grab her pillow, leaving her to sleep with mine. I lean closer to my wife and kiss the side of her head. "Goodnight, baby. I love you."