{10} Mine [Series 2]

TEN:

© All Rights Reserved - 2013 S. M. Palmer

♥︎♡♥︎ KEIRA ♡♥︎♡

ARRIVING HOME, I LAY DEREK in his swing. While I'm doing that, Colby goes over to the bookshelf and picks out a DVD for us to watch. Once Derek is situated in his swing, I cuddle up beside Colby. "What movie did you pick?" I asks as he snakes his arm around my waist and rests his hand in my back jean pocket.

"Couples Retreat," he answers before placing a sweet, loving kiss against my temple.

"Cool."

"Mm-hmm."

During the movie, Colby and I both fall asleep and sleep throughout the entire movie. Afterwards, we're woken up to Derek crying. I'm about to get up, when Colby stops me. "Babe, I got him," he replies, getting up.

"Thanks."

He goes over to Derek's swing and picks him up. "Hi, little guy," he coos to Derek.

I get off the couch and walk over to them. "I think it's time for Derek to have another diaper change," I reply. "I'll change him."

"Babe," Colby replies, "I can do it."

"You sure?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow.

"Positive," he answers, laying Derek on his changing table and changing his diaper.

As he bends down to retrieve a clean diaper, Derek starts peeing everywhere; all over my face, his changing table, and my shirt. "Huh! Derek!" I cry out in surprise as I try to shield my face from his water gun.

I grab the closest diaper and hold it over him. Colby stands back up with a clean diaper in hand. "Let's put th— What happened?"

"Your son peeing all over me is what happened," I reply, laughing.

He laughs. "Well, you know us guys, can't control our water guns."

I laugh. "I know."

After he puts a clean diaper on Derek, I wrap my arms around his waist from behind. "Good job, baby," I answer before pulling his white graphic Aéropostale shirt up and kissing his muscular bare back. "Other than our son peeing on his mama, that was great."

As he laughs, I felt his laugher vibrate through his back. I pull away from him and take Derek from him. "I think it's time to give Derek another feeding," I reply before he nods and gently passes Derek to me. I sit down in the rocker and arrange my top, before I start nursing him. As I nurse him, Colby comes over and crouches down beside me. As he strokes Derek's baby soft black hair, he replies, "Derek looks so much like me as a baby. I'm amazed we haven't been mistaken as brothers. I mean, he has the same color hair as me, same baby soft skin, same eyes, same toes, same nose."

I chuckle. "Mm-hmm. Well, Colby, he is your son," I inform.

He smiles at me before gently kissing my cheek. "I'm going to start making lunch."

"Okay."

After I'm done feeding Derek, I gently rock him back and forth. "Derek-Trent Christopher Middleton," I whisper, smiling. "I absolutely love that name. And because you and Uncle Jeremy share the same middle name. And you have Daddy's middle name in your first name."

Gently kissing his forehead, I stand up and carefully lay him in his swing. I turn the music on to play softly and to gently swing back and forth.

I mosey into the kitchen and jump up on the counter while Colby is cooking Macaroni & Cheese. "Can I tell you something?" I ask
softly, a little scared.