Mommy

Ella

Just like I researched the sun is about to set meaning the festival at Cuanga park is going to look the prettiest of the whole day. Knowing that the pink of the skye is going to appear in any second I'm walking while my twin Jessica is gliding in the middle of the street on her skateboard. She and the ferris wheel are the only reason I'm going to this thing because I'd rather stay at home and prepare and make sure I have everything ready for my first day of senior year in two weeks. Not only is it my first day it's also my first day of real school since I started home school in 7th grade. Sure I've been on campus when my dad needed to get Jessica from the back of the school but I still can't help but think about everything that will go wrong when I step into my first class or really regisreation which is next week. Or shit, theres going to be kids from Jessica's school well now our school at this place, I should've stayed home with my bullet journal.  I wanted to bring it but Jess said that would be weird and if I brought it I'd have to bring all my stationary.

"Elle," Jess says snapping me out of my thoughts.

Still in the middle of the practically empty street she says, "Pic?"

I nod and open my phone and take a picture of Jess as all of her curls fly in the air. I take three pictures and look at them as we cross the street to the festival. Jess looks so free with her hair in the breeze along with no worries about if a car is going to hit her or if she should've brought a jacket to cover her boondocks tee. I guess this is why there is more skating pictures of her in my camera roll than pics of me because she's never in her head and she's been this way since we were kids and she did five cartwheels while I stood there not being able to put my hands on the ground.

I slide my phone in my pocket as we get to the park and Jessica picks up her board. The festival is loud as hell and all I see are kids running around with fried food truck food and blue tickets that are bound to get lost.

"Yo Jess," a guys voice booms from a bunch of boys hanging by a tree splitting chicken tenders and fries. A lot of thrasher shirts, checkered vans, and the same care free energy Jess exudes.

Not knowing what to do I follow Jess as she goes up to the group of guys who dap her up and admire the art on the back of her board. I stand behind Jess hoping to hide behind her hair, but the boy with the Travis Scott braids looks over Jess's shoulder.

"Yo, since when did you have a little sister?" he says. Little sister? I'm 13 seconds older than her.

Jess looks at me with her chill smile and wraps her arm around my shoulders. "Nah this is my twin Ella." Now all the guys are looking at us.

"Hi," I mumble. Now I actully feel like her younger sister and I can't blame them for thinking that when I'm wearing my hair in two big poofs.

Jess guides us away from them just as the pink etches in the skye and the ferris wheel begins to light up. It's hella crowded and loud as the band plays a Neptunes song but Jess and I find a cute spot by a jewelry stand where people are waiting in line for that dragon ride. You know the one that makes your coochie get a heartbeat.

I take some pics of Jess and ferris wheel and clips of the pink cotton candy skye. This is my element, this is when I feel like Jess, behind my iphone camera. But I can't stand behind the camera forever and instead we get into the fried chicken truck line. The second I look up from my phone I see the guy serving chicken and his salt and pepper beard looks famaliar. I try to place his face but he moves and a girl with a slick bun takes his place. Just as she turns around Jess checks her phone and heads to the charging station.