The Fake

Hanna

The days after the party where I drank way too much of that cheap vodka Devon had are a blur. Saturday without my fake I just facetimed Rose while she did all her chores like doing the laundry and playing games with Lili who kept on calling her mommy. It kind of reminded me of when I posted a tiktok vid with a shirt with a lot of cleavage and there were like five comments calling me mommy. Sunday was the usual church day where my mom and I act like we are good people and don't spend a lot of time blacked out which went by as slow as possible, but not too slow because it's Monday again and I'm in the bathroom on snapchat while my english teacher talks about some stupid express ourself assignment. I wasn't doing anything special until a notification that someone added me pops up. Just like I've been doing all year I think it might be Jamari but no its an acc labeled unblockme_Hanna. It could only be Chad because he's the only person I've blocked. I actually kind of admire that he had the balls to make another acc because I never had the guts to do that to Jamari. One, there was no point for some time and two I don't think I want to handle rejection again from him again.

I add him back and immediately a blue chat pops up.

Chad: Ayy you're not a fan of what I got going on down there?

Me: Nope.

Chad: Jessh your mean I almost don't want to tell you what I have to say.

What could someone who sent a picture of their penis with a filter have to say that's so important. I wait for Chad to say it but it still says Chad is typing.

Me: What is it before I block you again.

Chad: Okay Miss Bethany Rocks.

I look at my phone and smile from cheek to cheek, so that's where I left it.

Me: give it to me

Chad: You forgot please.

Me: Give me my fake ID please

Chad: I'll give it to you afterschool

The thought of seeing Chad makes my stomach turn and as I lean against the bathroom sink I have an idea.

Me: You know Jamari.

Chad: Yea hes in my class rn.

Well isn't that just convient. The universe is on my side today.

Me: Give him my fake and tell him to give it to at the lunch.

Chad: Why can't I give it to you?

I let out a huff. If I was talking to Chad in person I would give him that look.

Me: Because I sucked your dick, now give it to Jamari or I'll report you for sending child pornography. I'm bluffing like a mother fucker but Chad whose dad probably golfs doesn't need to know that.

I don't even bother seeing his response and I leave the bathroom before my teacher sends someone after me.

Ella

Jess didn't wash the dishes or clean her side of the room on Friday so mom's been on her ass. No skatepark which explains why she stressed getting to school early just to skate in front. It might as well be the skatepark because I was sitting on a patch of grass watching her glide with more energy than usual. It's lunch our first 15 minute break now and Jess's class is right across mine so she walks beside me out to the patio like she's my guide or something. When we exit the hall Devon comes up to us with a mean scold.