eleven

jaehyun: johnny

jaehyun: i hope ur doing okay

jaehyun: you want me out when i get back yeah?

johnny: jaehyun listen we cant just "break up." its not that simple.

johnny: i dont want to be your boyfriend anymore. but its harder than that. what will the company say? what will they do? we'd still have to have shoots together right?

jaehyun: so we've broken up yes?

johnny: i guess :(

jaehyun: its okay. its what you deserve love.

jaehyun: i'll forever love you

johnny: :( <3

johnny: have you eaten dinner yet?

jaehyun: i had a big lunch so ill be okay. heading to bed now

johnny: alright, sleep well, okay? take care of yourself

jaehyun: you too love

jaehyun: <3

-

another day, another shift. ten served customers, had his lunch break, served some more. nothing changed. it was completely the same.

he was so cold. he hated the winter weather so much. he hated when his hands got so cold he couldn't feel anything. he hated having a sore, red nose from the temperature, and hated the dull colour of the surroundings.

"hi!" a boy spoke, as ten was turned around making a drink for another customer, he quickly span around, to see johnny with his 'disguise' on. it took him a moment , but who else would it've been? he laughed lightly, smiling sweetly.

"what are you doing out?"

" 'was bored," johnny shrugged, watching as ten gave the customer their drink, before letting johnny behind the counter. he smiled, leading him out back.

"yo, jun," ten laughed, "your turn!"

when the store wasn't too busy, the two took turns serving the customers. renjun groaned before making his way out, shooting johnny a smile as he passed.

"did you want a drink or?" ten laughed, as he sat them down on the sofa in the staff area. with a quick shake of the head, johnny took off his glasses and mask, warming his hands up, "here, give me your hands."

johnny was hesitant, until ten just grabbed them, and begun warming them for him, "i work with hot drinks, my hands are constantly warm.."

johnny smiled, as the boy rubbed his hands together. for ten, it was normal, but for johnny, there was something nice about having the boy's warm hands on his as he looked out the window at the frost-ridden chicago street that left a strange feeling in his stomach.

they sat there for a moment, before ten placed his hands back down on his lap gently, "warmer?"

johnny replied softly with a nod.

tilting his head, ten frowned, "you're quiet today. all nods, no words... what are you thinking about?"

he noticed that the latter wasn't looking as... alive as he normally did. the circles around his eyes were alot darker than usual, his hair was messy - which ten did find quite cute - and he wasnt showing emotion in the same ways he usually did.

"not much.." johnny said quietly, looking down at his hands, "not much at all, actually."

"yeah.. that explains alot," ten laughed sadly, "have you eaten today?"

"a bit," johnny smiled proudly, "i got a subway for lunch."

"oh johnny," ten whined, with a defeated chuckle, "it's 6pm and all you've eaten is a subway sandwich?!"

johnny gave the younger a weak smile along with a nod, which immediately made ten feel bad for judging him, "hungry? we could eat out?"

"i'm hungry.." johnny confirmed, as ten put his hand on his knee, "i dont wanna eat out though. it's scary. especially now.."

ten had never felt this bad for someone in his life. he hated seeing anyone like this, especially johnny. he could see the emptiness in his eyes. he'd lost a relationship like this before. being cheated on hurt. he wanted to help johnny in a way he wished he was helped.

"come to my place," ten smiled, "it's small, but big enough for us.. you wont be surrounded by memories in your house.. we can make some new ones in mine."