thirtysix

"kiss me~" ten smiled, leaning down to johnny who was laid in bed, sleepy. johnny puckered his lips, not really making too much effort to actually lean up and kiss him. ten laughed, kissing the man before throwing the blanket over his face, "i'll be back soon, dont miss me too much."

johnny huffed, curling up as ten left him to sleep.

ten was going to go grocery shopping, leaving johnny to sleep for a while, as he'd had issues sleeping last night, and the latter thought he deserved it.

he locked the door behind him, before walking outside into the crisp, cold chicago air, waking him up as soon as he inhaled it.

-

"oh shit... are you like, okay?" renjun asked with a laugh, but kinda meant it too.

"i'm still like, shaken up? in a way?," ten shrugged, grabbing cereal from the shelf, "i dunno. this is only the beginning so..." he shrugged, as renjun nodded in agreement.

"please tell johnny how you feel. i dont want you to push yourself and suddenly drown yourself in this lifestyle. it's not very.. you?"

"yeah.. i know," ten nodded, sighing lightly with a smile, "i'm good! im okay! im having fun, and nothing bad has happened yet!"

-

johnny: hi my pretty boy

ten: yours❓❓🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

johnny: mine

johnny: good morning

ten: oh you went back to sleep?

johnny: mhm! good nap

ten: im proud of you

ten: you feel better now??

johnny: better than before yes

ten: awesome. i'll be back soon so you can actually eat breakfast LOL

johnny: am hungry be quick

ten: coffee?? starbucks??

johnny: take as long as you want <3

ten: LMFAO

-

the thai boy leant against a high table close to a window, waiting for his drinks. he felt a strange sense, unaware of what it was, but kept frantically looking around.

"hey! are you tentography on instagram?"

ten's whole body spun around in shock, only to see a girl, -probably late teens, sixteen, seventeen- stood before him, "i, yeah! i am, hi!"

"i love your work! especially with johnny- can i get a picture?"

ten was surprised, but couldn't say no. he nodded, as she took out her phone and took a picture with the boy.

he smiled, after sharing a small conversation with the girl, before she went back to her seat. he smiled to himself, but was mostly confused. how did people know what he looked like? he never posted his face on instagram.

oh. paparazzi.

he grabbed the drinks before swiftly leaving.

only to find said paparazzi, outside the starbucks doors.

he was taken aback, as flashes blinded him. his heartrate quickly sped, as he smiled, nodding and pulling up his mask over his face.

questions were being asked by the second, as he was pressed against the walls of the town. he just needed to get home, that's all.

or was that not smart? can they know where johnny lives? oh god.

taking his phone out of his pocket, he paused, opening his texts while still being surrounded.

at this point, the sounds had all merged together and he couldn't concentrate on a single one.

ten: im around the corner from starbucks. paparazzi. help

johnny: i'll be there in 2

he really didn't know how to react. was he supposed to strike conversation with them. was he supposed to... pose? he had no idea

he didn't understand why or how they knew who he was either. how was he this 'important' already.

when he saw johnny walking towards him in the distance, he could take a breath. the man gently pushed through the crowd, grabbing ten's hand when he managed to reach him.

"you okay?" he asked, and ten gave a swift nod before johnny guided him away.

obviously, they were followed, but johnny managed to lose them at a crossing, giving them a little time to speed up and get away.

"pass me the drinks," johnny smiled, reaching for the bag before letting ten enter the building of their apartment first, "it's fine, they're gone."

ten took a deep breath, nodding and heading towards the stairs.

"shit, man~" ten whined, "genuinely thought i was gonna get, i dunno, trampled on-"

johnny chuckled, following the boy and holding his waist as they walked to his apartment. he felt the boy shaking, making him sad.

he felt guilty.

"im sorry."

"hm?" ten turned around as johnny unlocked the door, "why?"

"dunno," johnny shrugged, taking ten's jacket and hanging it, "im sorry."

ten shook his head, turning towards the boy.

they shared eye contact for a short moment, before ten stood on his tiptoes, and kissed him gently.

"it's okay, okay?"

johnny nodded, before walking past ten. no smile, nothing.
hmm.

okay.

-

ten: hello renjun

renjun: hello ten

ten: so uh.

a/n 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭