thirtyeight

"g'morning," johnny smiled, kissing ten's forehead. ten smiled, his eyes still shut as he woke up slowly, "we're busy today."

"can you- not talk about work- as soon as i wake up-" ten laughed quietly, but was slightly annoyed. he didnt sleep well last night, his sleep being interrupted every hour or so.

the back of his neck was sweaty, and his head hurt. today wasn't going to be a good day, he could tell already.

johnny nodded, an apologetic smile as he held the boy's waist. ten felt his body become tired again, as he relaxed, letting johnny hold his limp frame for a moment.

"johnny.."

"mhm..?"

"i really..dont feel good..." ten admitted quietly, his eyes filling slightly with tears. he didnt really know why. he was just overwhelmed with so many different feelings of discomfort.

"mm?" johnny pulled the boy away, still holding his waist gently, but showing concern in his expression, "what's up?"

the man noticed the tears in the latter's eyes, wiping them with the blanket that laid ontop of them both. he then kissed his forehead, his lips remaining there for a few seconds as ten took a deep breath.

"sorry."

"mm-mm-" johnny shook his head, tucking ten's overgrown sideburns behind his ears, "what's up?"

"i- ugh- i dont know."

"you're warm. are you sick?" johnny asked, seeing ten get stressed.

"i dont- i dont think so.." ten sighed, laying on his back, "i feel horrible, johnny.."

"you could shower?" johnny suggested, sitting up, watching ten with a frown, "we've got a while until we have to leave."

ten groaned.

he couldnt explain it, but johnny was irritating him.

it scared him. he didnt want to be annoyed by the man he adored so much, but something was really putting him off.

"we've got a full day tomorrow to rest," johnny spoke, "we can take it easy-"

"mhm," ten sat up quickly, trying not to cry again as he desperately pushed his hair back, "i'm gonna go sort myself out."

johnny tilted his head, but nodded, "let me know if you need anything."

"mhm."

-

ten: jun

renjun: hi ten hi ten hello

ten: i feel like absolute shit jun

renjun: oh? :(

renjun: mentally? physically? are you sick? i can bring u both coffee & drugs 4 u  if u need

ten: lmfaoo

ten: no idk whats wrong with me

ten: i feel anxious im shaking and im sweating weirdly

ten: my head hurts and johnny is annoying me

renjun: :(

renjun: wanna come over? to get away if you need to

ten: im busy today and thats whats annoying me

ten: idk i'll tell u later i gotta do stuff

renjun:  babe :(

renjun: dont overwork urself if u feel like shit ok??

ten: ill try 😭

renjun: ily dont be too harsh on urself or i'll be hard on you <3

ten: LMFAO OH?

renjun: <3

-

"do you need anything? painkillers? flu pills?" johnny asked, as ten styled his hair in the mirror.

he'd put little to no makeup on today, as when he tried, his eyes just filled with tears. he immediately realised it wouldnt've been the best idea.

ten shook his head, as johnny came up behind him. he planted small, loving kisses on the back of his head, while holding his waist and running his fingers along his stomach.

"are you sure? i'll put some in your bag," johnny smiled, watching ten as he put product on his lips. he found the boy so, so pretty, "it's okay, it'll be alright. we can take it slow."

"we cant take it slow, john, it's gonna be busy, and hectic, and horrible," he forced a laugh. as they made eye contact in the mirror, "just- dont mention it and it will be over."

johnny nodded, cupping the boy's face in his hand, turning it towards him and kissing him slowly. ten kissed back, holding johnny's shoulder and pulling it towards him.

"this isn't the worst it'll be, if that makes you feel any better.." johnny laughed quietly.

ten broke the intimacy, slowly enough to not be too obvious that what the boy said had annoyed him, but abruptly enough to drop hints. he nodded, kissing the boy's cheek before moving away and out of the room.

-

"you're ready?" johnny stuck his head through the entrance and asked ten, who was setting up his camera like usual.

ten turned around with a smile and a nod. johnny smiled too, tilting his head before sliding through the door and shutting it behind him.

returning to his prior position, ten's back was towards johnny, as he approached him.

"you'll be okay, i'll be-"

"i know- i know i'll be okay, johnny," ten sighed, turning around when johnny attempted to put his arms around his waist once more, "im sorry can you- just- give me some space i cant-"

ten slid out of johnny's shadow, grabbing his jacket and throwing it over his shoulders. his camera strap around his neck and his face mask on his chin as he made his way towards the door.

"ten-"

"i'm sorry."