The Discovery

Parents day was a success, everyone ended the day with a new kind of confidence and happiness. The hallways growing cold, the crisp air eerily wafting down like a fast car, winter approaching soon. The Flower Ball approaching, the Quidditch match of the season about to happen, everything seemed to be working out right for all of them, so they thought.

Florence was in the front courtyard, saying goodbye to her father. A smile from ear to ear and her heart ached with the idea of him leaving. Even though he was acting weird with Max, she understood his kind heart wasn't going to suddenly block out the boy.

'It won't be long bear, me and Padfoot are coming to your game,' he smiled happily.

'Can't wait to see you, love you lots Dad, good luck next week. I'll be thinking of you.' She knew it was the full moon and she dreaded it more every time, even though he was so very strong. His heart, his body, his soul resembled resilience and he was her hero in so many ways.

'Love you more, now be careful,' He said as he walked away after a loving hug.

She turned to see Sirius waiting to also say goodbye.

'Hi Flozzie,' Sirius said.

'Flozzie?' Florence questioned.

'Sounds like fluffy, what can I say I have a lot of brain cells.' Sirius said wittily.

'Yeh you sure do.' She smiled looking up at him, her teeth showing, this man meant so much to her.

'Goodbye Lupin, I'll miss you.' He hugged the life out of her, purposely trying to embarrass her. But she knew he could never embarrass her.

After their hug, Fred came up behind Florence and placed his hand on her shoulder, the height distance extremely noticeable.

'I bid you a due, Mr Weasel,' Sirius bowed.

'And you, Padfuck.' Fred bowed, as Florence chocked on air at the nickname.

'That's a good one mate,' Sirius laughed with Florence and Fred. Then ran to tell Remus about it as they both exited the grounds.

After the busy hours of parental chatter and pretending you are a better student then you actually are, all of Florence's friends gathered in the common room, discussing with glee and gratification about their futures.

'I think I want to work here you know.' Neville smiled wholesomely.

'What so you can kick Lord Umbitch up the ass?' Ginny asked as the room settled in a clatter of laughter.

'Herbology, but yeh that too.' Neville smiled wider.

'Sounds good Nev,' George smiled.

'How about you George what do you wanna do?' Lee asked in hope George's future somehow involved him.

'Well...Fred' He looked over at his twin brother with flames of passion in both of their eyes igniting.

'Well...George. We have an announcement. We had a conversation with the blind one,' Ron sympathetically at the comment, rubbed Harry's hair weirdly in support for him being blind which Florence found hysterical.

'We are opening a joke shop on Diagon Alley!' They said in unison.

Her heart swarmed with tiny flames, a replication of their eyes as a smile set on Florence's face as she looked between them both. Cheers of congratulations and happiness swarmed round for the two of them.

Their products had been a hit even more this year and it was getting too big to sell to just students and Professor McGonagall.

'That's amazing guys!' Blaise said clapping his hands together.