Chapter 25

George POV:

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder and calling my name. I was really confused and opened my eyes slowly as I brought the blanket over my face. It was surprisingly bright in my room today.

I slowly peeked outside my blanket and saw that I wasn't in my room or my house. I let my tired brain think for a while before I realized what happened last night, and that I was in the hospital.

I quickly sat up and noticed Dream who stood next to my chair with two cups in his hand. He offered one to me and sat down next to me.

"Here, have some coffee. Did you sleep well?" He asked. I nodded and curled up in my seat due to the cold, my knees up to my chest. Dream noticed and wrapped the blanket around me. Turns out, it wasn't a blanket, it was his hoodie. And now I was blushing.

"Th-thanks." I muttered, taking a sip of my warm coffee. He did the same and sighed, making the air in front of him foggy. I let out a small chuckle.

"What's the time?" I asked him. He hummed in thought and pulled out his phone, turning the screen on and showing it to me. 7 a.m.

"It's pretty early for me to be awake." He muttered, drinking his coffee.

"What time do you usually wake up at?" I asked curiously.

"Like, 9? I love sleeping in the morning, but no one can tell me to sleep at night. I'm such a night owl." He said. I nodded in understanding and finished my coffee. I got up to throw the disposable cup away and sat back down next to him.

A moment later he finished his coffee too and glanced over at me, chuckling slightly. I gave him a confused look. He reached his hand over to my face and wiped my lip with his thumb.

"You had coffee on your lip." He said. I was already a flustered mess. My cheeks were burning and I couldn't get words out. I hated getting flustered so easily around him.

"...I'm dumb." I managed to mumble a while later after my speech got normal. Dream chuckled again and scooted a little closer to me.

"I disagree, I think you're cute." He said, then got up to throw his cup away. I was probably as red as a tomato now. He sat back down next to me, glancing at me. "Aww, is someone blushing?~" He said teasingly.

"S-Shut up, it's just c-cold." I said as I put my hands over my face. He gently took hold of my hand and brought them away from my face, looking at me with a soft smile.

"You can wear my hoodie if you're cold." He said.

"But you're just wearing a t-shirt. Are you not cold?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I don't get cold, I'm fine. C'mon, here's the hoodie." He said handing me the hoodie. I hesitantly took it and pulled it over my head. The hoodie was really warm and big. It engulfed my hands, giving me sweater paws.

"You look even cuter now." Dream complimented. I blushed and turned away.

"I'm not cute, go away." I grumbled. He chuckled and pulled me back so I was facing him again. I looked at him with a fake pout and he grinned down at me.

"You're very wrong if you think you're not cute but whatever." He said. I huffed and looked away as I pulled out my phone. He pulled out his phone as well.

"We have uni today. I have work too, and I have to tutor you after. But I don't think I'll be going today... I'm sorry, I'll tutor you some other day..." I muttered as I shut my phone off and pocketed it.

"S'alright, I understand. I'm staying with you anyway." Dream said. He quickly opened his messages and texted Cathy.

Hey! Good morning! I'm
busy somewhere for the
day. Will you be alright
by yourself? You can ask
Jessica or one of your
friends to come over if
you'd like. I'm sorry... :(

He texted her. I glanced up at him with a frown.

"You don't have to, I can manage everything." I said.

"I know you can, but I'd love to help. Besides, Mrs Davidson is like a mother to me. And I want to take care of her because I couldn't do that for my own mom." Dream muttered the last part.

"Dream, you're a great son. Your mum must be so proud of you. Don't feel bad, what happened was none of your fault, you know that right?" I said gently. Something I had figured out was that Dream had a tough and cocky outer wall but was a really emotional person on the inside.

Dream nodded and sighed, then smiled at me.

"Thank you George." He said softly. I looked and smiled back at him but then snapped my gaze away before I got too flustered. My eyes found their way to his phone wallpaper. Anything to avoid his addicting eyes.

His wallpaper consisted of a collage of different family photos. One thing I noticed was that his dad wasn't in any of those photos. The other thing I noticed was a little girl in some of Dream's baby pictures.

"Dream? Can I ask you something, if you don't mind?" I asked, my curiosity taking over. Dream nodded with a smile. "Who's this girl in the picture?"

Dream glanced at his phone as his smile faltered, a small, sad smile tugging on his lips as tears filled his eyes that he quickly blinked away. He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

"Y-You don't have to answer at all! I'm an idiot, I shouldn't have asked. It's alright, I'm really sorry." I said as my lips curled downwards in a small frown. His hurt expression making me sad.

"It's fine George, I think I should talk about things more. That's... My sister, Laura."
____________________
1017 words.

Laura backstory tomorrow :)

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night.