Torture

Zachary's POV :

As I head towards the field for my practice, as usual, I don't see my coach or anybody else from my squad.

"Dammit. Are they running late? No. How is it possible for a coach to be late?" I muttered to myself. I glanced at my watch which showed 7 am., indicating that I am absolutely on time.

"Whatever. I'll just get started with my practice" I told myself. As I walk up to my locker room, I see that the ball missing. "WTF? Who entered my room?" I shouted, but all I hear is my own voice in return.

"Ugh. F*CK!" I muttered. As I step out of the room, I hear a sound. Someone appears to be playing on the field. 'But who exactly?' As I got close to the field, I notice a girl in a hoodie playing football with the ball from.... my room? WTF? 'How dare she?' In anger, I stormed towards her.

"Hey! Why would you possibly take the ball from my room and play here without my permission?"

"Hey there, Zach! You actually sound better in person as well" She stated in a familiar soothing voice, causing me to stop on my track as she continued to play with her back to me. 

What? Better in person? What exactly does that mean?

"Do I know you?" I inquired, my eyebrows arched in perplexity.

"C'mon Zach! Did you forget about someone dialing you a wrong number from another part of the world?" She added. As I looked back at her, I was struck by the abrupt realization of the incident.

"A-Angel? Is it you?" With a hopeful tone, I inquired.

"Yes, Zach. It's me" She replied, as she paused her game. She was about to turn around when a bucket of water was dumped over me, forcing me to gasp in horror and choke for breath. Wait. Bucket of Water? I opened my eyes to find the sunlight hitting right on my face. I turned to the other side to see Brad, with the large empty cup staring down at me with a sneer.

Wait. Was it all a dream? But I didn't even get a glimpse of her face.

"Get ready to save yourself, Brad", I said as I sprang out of bed and grabbed my phone off the nightstand. I slipped it inside my pocket as I approached him.

"Woah. What's wrong?" He asked as if he has no idea about what he just did.

"Because... I'm gonna kill you, Brad! Couldn't you wake me up a bit later?!" I yell as I chase after him.

_____________

After grabbing a quick shower, I head to the living room to see Brad and two of my other friends, Noah and Dylan, playing video games. I walk over to the bottle of water on the table in front of them. As I picked the bottle up, my phone buzzed indicating a text notification. With my left hand, I pulled out the phone from my pocket while opening the bottle cap with my right.

Halfway as I was about to drink water, I found that it was Ana's message. The corner of my lips curved upwards as I clicked on it and meanwhile, drank a mouth full of water. As I glanced at my phone again, I spat some of the water from my mouth on Dylan's face. But I didn't spit full which caused me to choke and I couldn't breathe resulting my face to flush.

"Dude! WTF?! What on earth did you look at on your phone?" as he wiped the water off his face, Dylan exclaimed. Brad rose from his seat and approached me, patting my back. I swiftly tucked my phone in my pocket.

"N-nothing, dude. You guys carry on with your game. I'll be right back," I stammered as I hurried back to my room and shut the door behind me.

Leaning against the door, I closed my eyes and tried to compose myself. After a while, I pulled out my phone from my pocket and stared at the message yet again. No, not the message but, a certain image that I can't take my eyes off it. There she is, wearing a beautiful traditional strap-sleeved designer crop top with a full-length traditional skirt that accentuates her waist. There is a similarly designed garment slung over one shoulder, allowing it to casually flow down reaching up to the ankle. However, she has cropped her face out.

Nevertheless, I probably seem like a psychopath whose brain has stopped functioning

Nevertheless, I probably seem like a psychopath whose brain has stopped functioning. Although she cropped her face out, I could visualize her flawless jaw-dropping face. Dammit! How many of them would keep looking at her today? I wish I could just travel all the way there and shield her from those wicked stares.

'This is absolute torture. F*CK!' I scream, internally.

You know what? I can no longer deny the fact that I'm drawn to her, and it gets stronger every time I talk to her and I'm not sure how to resist it. I'm not sure whether we could even meet in person. But I can't risk freaking her out, so I'll bury it deep inside my heart and let it out when the time is right. But the question is, does she feel the same way?

How I wish...

"But first, I need to learn more about Ryan Mehra in detail and certainly teach him a brilliant philosophy on how to behave with a woman. Not right away, but eventually. I may be a thousand miles away from her, but I will definitely not tolerate just the idea of anyone hurting her.

Anyone." I glance back at my phone with a smirk.