1

Before you start reading, I'd like to point out that I do call it soccer because that's what I've grown up to call it. So no I can't change my vocabulary just like that and start calling it football, because to me, football is the sport that Americans play. I understand football is what soccer is because you kick a ball with your foot, but within this book, it'll be called soccer.

Let me start at the beginning for you, so we don't have to walk straight in on how I just saw Ivan Johnston fucking Holly Gartner's brains out

I'll be honest with you, I do believe it may of been small. Holly looked like she'd rather be anywhere else so just perhaps he wasn't fucking her brains out - anyways sorry I've just gone off track.

I'm Ivette Winter. Also known as Ivy, 'baguette chick', 'croissant lady', 'girl from France', you get the gist. I'm French.

Now that that's out of the way because fucking hell will you hear me swear in French multiple times throughout this book.

I'm off track again, I must apologise for that.

I'll start from the beginning.

When I was 2, we moved from France to Oakvale, Canada. We – meaning my Grand-mère Celine, papa and maman. When I was 4, new neighbours moved in next door, and my family being the friendly and welcoming people they are, invited the new comers over for dinner. At this point, my sœur, Juliet, had not been born yet. There's a 7 year age gap between me and her.

My family home is a very enthusiastic environment which is always bustling, Grand-mère Celine either nagging my mother about the boy she's seeing or prodding into my life too. But that's only currently, because at 4 years old, all I did was watch barbie. Yes, in French. My maman likes to keep my heritage alive after we moved from France when I was 2 and a half.

We invite the Knight family over for dinner and Reef and I become best friends straight away. Then I invited him to watch Barbie with me.

So maybe he didn't understand the French but that's ok because he didn't like Barbie either and wanted to switch to Spider-Man. 4 year old's don't even understand what's happening on the screen so I don't what we were doing.

However, after that dinner, we became inseparable, doing everything together. Ranging from summer camps to going to the same schools together. We made it all the way to our junior year of high school before he dropped me. For what? You might be asking, well he did it for popularity.

Now let's get real, Reef had the glow up of the century during our time away from each other. I don't know what that says about me, maybe I was holding him back or something? But anyways, off track again. With chocolate brown hair and honey eyes rimmed with amber that shine golden in the sun. He was the captain of Oakvale High's football team (soccer), he was truly tanned from days under the sun, and jacked too. Coach didn't let them off easy and forced the team to go to the gym every Thursday training session. This was only the start of his popularity however.