28

Alright life update. In my absence I have managed to read 20 books, about 8 of them being Elle Kennedy books, have 7 nose bleeds in one day, become homeless (not really, just the house we're renting got sold so we're due to be out of here by July with no other house to go to), add 5 cute guys on Snapchat and get blocked by 2 of them, complete one part of my bullet journal, get told my braces may come off earlier than planned, accidentally flirt with my best friend, come 3rd in a volleyball comp, my brother and mum got covid, watch my sisters musical, miss 8 weeks of soccer due to rain, buy new shoes, had my parents call me a disappointment in 20 different facial expressions (not exactly words), learnt how to straighten my own hair, start writing 3 new books that probably won't come out till 2024, or I won't end up finishing, and fall in love with a few more fictional characters (specifically Conor Edwards, that man is holy).

(Update: I have read 41 books by the end of 2022)
(Another update: said best friend is now not my best friend and has a girlfriend, my braces did come off early and Conor Edwards is still hot)

(Also not edited so if you find any mistakes, point them out please!!)

MAY 22

Juliet comes home today - with grand-mère. Maman, Reef and I were on our way to collect them and I was basically jittering with nerves. I sat in the front whilst maman drove, Reef got stuck in the back unluckily.

Juliet's birthday was in 4 days, which was why they were coming home. I had a huge grin across my face, it looked a little awkward but I couldn't stop it, I was so excited to have Juliet in my arms again.

It only took us an hour and 20 minutes to get there, and standing in the waiting area of the airport, I couldn't stop fiddling until I saw my sister's head come into view, grand-mère not too far behind. I passed my phone off to Reef who stood, slightly confused as I broke into a sprint, catching Juliet in my arms.

"I missed you," I whispered into her hair as she hesitantly wrapped her arms around me.

"I was so confused - I thought you were a random stranger hugging me," she grinned, tapping my shoulder to let her down which I did. I took grand-mère's Celine's suitcase away from her, lifting my arm to wrap her in a side hug.

"I missed you grand-mère," I mumbled, hearing her say the words back into my shoulder. I released her from my grasp and followed behind the pair over to where maman and Reef stood. Reef welcomed my sœur by ruffling her hair, leaving Jules in a frown. He kissed Celine on both cheeks before she went over to say hello to my teary mother.

"How was your flight mère?" my maman asked Celine, sending a smile over at me for carrying grand-mère's carry-ons.

"Fatigant! Il y avait un pilote mignon, mais il n'avait pas l'âge d'Ivettes." She grinned, winking at me. I pursed my lips, giving her an awkward smile.
{Tiring! There was a cute pilot, but he wasn't Ivette's age}