13

The movie credits rolled, so I slowly sat up turning the laptop off and set it aside on my bedside table

"Thanks for watching the movie with me Reef," I yawned. I looked over at the brunette beside me, seeing he fell asleep. He looked so peaceful, compared to the cheeky smirk that was usually plastered on his face.

"Wow, couldn't even stay up to finish a Spider-Man movie," I tsked, shaking my head. I rolled out of the bed quietly so not to wake him, I pulled the covers further up his body and walked to my wardrobe. I wasn't tired at all and it was around 2:30am according to my phone which I tucked into my pocket.

As well as that, I didn't feel too comfortable sleeping in the same bed as Reef, even if we did it when we were younger - things had changed now. We were older, more mature. I grabbed a hoodie from where it was hanging in my closet and slipped it over my head. I wore sweats at the moment so I was fairly warm. I tied my hair up with a spare hair tie on my wrist, before opening my door and shutting it silently behind me.

I tiptoed down the stairs where I saw a light illuminating the lounge room. I frowned and walked towards the room, slowly hearing sound coming from the tv.

"Jules?" I asked, looking at my younger sister on the couch. She gasped and looked up at me, a guilty expression on her face. She'd come home from Emilia's earlier this afternoon, but I was still surprised that she was up at this time.

"Can't sleep?" I questioned her, sitting down beside where her head lay and running my fingers through her hair.

She nodded and shuffled up a bit to where her head lay on my lap.

"Sorry if the tv woke you up," Juliet mumbled. I let out a soft laugh and shook my head.

"No I just finished a movie in my room and couldn't sleep either. How do you feel about walking to Gelatissimo just around the corner?" I asked her, she shrugged, sitting up and yawning.

"I'd like that," Juliet stated, standing up.

"Go get some shoes on, try and be quiet," I whispered, walking to the front door and waiting for her. I pulled on my sneakers and tied up the laces tightly.

Our street was safe, sometimes, so I grabbed a pocket knife from the kitchen drawers just in case and walked back over to where Juliet was slipping some joggers on.

"Ready?" I asked, patting my pocket to make sure I had my phone and house keys on me.

She nodded and I hurried her out the door, following behind her. "Stay with me," I told Juliet sternly, walking at a slow pace.

"So are you and Reef dating?" She asked randomly, swinging her arms as she walked.

"No," I snorted, him being my boyfriend would be the last thing I'd ever do.

"Why not?" I shrugged.

"He's just not my type," I said, it was kind of true. I don't think I could ever see myself dating Reef. I just don't see him as a boyfriend type, and especially with what happened, I think I might just stick to being friends with him.