17

Entering Greenfield U on Friday, I hadn't hung out with Nicholas since Wednesday

Entering Greenfield U on Friday, I hadn't hung out with Nicholas since Wednesday. He hadn't been avoiding me, that was clear when every chance he got he'd ask how my day was going, we just hadn't had time to plan things.

Nico was a really nice guy, I really enjoyed hanging out with him. The only difference was Reef's change in behaviour. On Thursday when I had to wait for him to take me home, I watched his training, and he was acting on anger by the way he played.

Slide tackling during small games, shoving Kaz when he made a mistake, it was clear something was upsetting him.

Something was going on in his head and I couldn't even speak to him without him walking away. So I couldn't figure out what it was.

"Hey Ivy," Lo appeared beside me, I grinned and nodded at her.

"Any date with Nicholas today?" She raised her eyebrows when asking me.

"No. He said Saturday he'd like to do something though. Maybe just a day at his house he mentioned," I shrugged my shoulders.

"How romantic," she fluttered her eyelashes, doing a twirl.

"Fuck off," I pushed her shoulder whilst all she did was laugh.

"What's happening with Kelsey?" I changed the subject, stopping out the front of the library and leaning my shoulder on the wall.

"Sunday I'm going over to meet her parents. I'm terrified, but she said not to worry." I nodded and followed her gaze over to the girl herself. Kelsey Williams. Blonde pixie cut hair, around 5'3. Much shorter than Willow's 5'11. It was a cute height difference.

Kelsey had azure blue eyes, wide and round with clear skin and no freckles. Overall, she was gorgeous. I could see why Willow liked her, especially since Kelsey had such a positive personality.

"Go talk to her," I finally said, looking at how Willow held a longing gaze.

"I- what? No!" She said nervously, her breath picking up and her eyes moving away from the other girl.

"Why not?" I smiled.

"I can't leave you." Willow said, her tone showing she was proud of the excuse.

"You won't, I'll go talk to Nico. He's just arrived," I pushed her shoulder in the direction of Kelsey and she finally gave in, walking over to where Kelsey greeted her with a hug.

"Hello Nico," I grinned, walking towards the blond. He turned around and a smile lit up his features when he saw me.

"So now you're willingly walking up to me?" He asked, I shrugged and turned around to walk with him to pass time before our next class. Or mine, I wasn't sure when Nicholas had his next lecture.

"I'm bored. Adin isn't coming today and I made Willow go say hi to her crush."

"Wing-man?"

"Wing-woman," I corrected him. He rolled his eyes jokingly and stopped at a vending machine, fetching $2 out of his pocket and paying for a muesli bar.