18

I don't know what I thought of Nicholas anymore

I don't know what I thought of Nicholas anymore. He spent the entirety of Saturday with Ivette. And now here I sat the day before Valentines, Ivy talking to me about how Nico gave her flowers, chocolates and a card asking her to be his valentine on their date.

I was happy for her. Well I was trying to be. But it pained me that I screwed up so bad in our friendship. And now that she's got another boy in her life, I can't help but feel jealous.

I have no right to be. I know.

But I can't help the emotion swirling up inside me as she raves on about his fucking dog called Kent.

"And it's because his mum has an obsession with Superman so she took his last name," she babbles, folding my clothes neatly into my wardrobe.

I decided that if I can't be something more than a friend to her, I'd settle for a best friend, or at least a friend just to be near her and hear her voice talk.

Ivette's dark brown hair hung loosely in waves after curling it today for the date and her brown eyes framed by those cute transparent pink glasses she usually wore to help the migraines she got from looking at the laptop screen all day.

Blue light I think she called them?

"Uh huh. But aren't you all Marvel-y?" I asked, leaning against my headboard as Ivette swiftly moved around my room. Tucking in my desk chair, turning off my pc.

"It's like me getting a dog and naming them Peter or Parker. Now that I think about it, Parker's cute." She furrowed her eyebrows as she switched my fan onto low.

"Why don't you have a dog?" I asked curiously, dragging my eyes down her figure clad in skinny jeans and a hoodie that definitely wasn't hers.

She turned around and I saw the 'Knight' on the back scrawled under the numbers 54.

"I hope you didn't wear that on your date," I smirked when in all honesty I hoped she did. Maybe Nico would get an idea.

Ivette's eyes widened in surprise as she turned to look at me.

"Huh?" She asked confused.

I nodded at her torso.

Looking down, Ivy realised what I was referring to. "Oh shit, no I didn't, I got cold when I got home and it was just on the floor so I threw it on. Sorry about that," she said briskly, scurrying to get her arms out of the sleeves.

Before I could stop her, the black and red hoodie was thrown onto my lap.

"You could've kept it," I raised an eyebrow. Ivy curled her lip and shook her head.

"Nah, it's for you to wear when it gets cold at trainings," she shrugged, walking over and leaning down slightly. My breath caught in my throat as her eyes scanned down my face, focusing on a point above my eyes. Lifting a hand I grasped her wrist with my hand that was slowly moving towards me.