38

"Keep still Reef!" I exclaimed, holding his cheeks between my hands, keeping mind to not disturb the setting mask on his face

"I don't like it. It's too sticky," he shuddered, trying to pull his face away from my hold on him. I rolled my eyes, keeping my hands stuck to the side of his face before releasing one and continuing to apply the gooey substance.

"It'll make your skin so smooth and glowy though," I stated matter of factly, shuffling back on the bench as I tried to get comfortable on the cold marble.

I was sat on our bathroom sink's bench, Reef's palms planted on either side of my body as I applied the mask to his face, keeping mind to not get it in his hair.

After what felt like ages to both Reef and I, I had managed to finish. I sat back, admiring my work to smoothly apply the gel without getting it in his eyebrows or hair. My purple headband stood out in his light brown hair, keeping the strands tucked back away from his forehead.

"So what do we do now?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I grinned and pushed him back with my hand on his chest, before jumping down and striding back into his room, not exchanging another word with Reef, leaving him confused in the bathroom. I grabbed my phone from atop the sooner cover, immediately setting a timer for 15 minutes in which the face mask would set.

"Now we sit and relax, maybe do some college work," I shrugged, brushing a stray hair away from my face and tucked it behind my ear, it being too short to stay in my ponytail.

"Fuck that shit, I'm going to go make pasta for dinner. You can stay here though," Reef complained, already out the door before I could answer. I was instead left with my mouth agape at his foul language, despite using it daily myself.

I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness and started moving to follow him to the kitchen. Maman and Julia were already in bed by the time it was 9, and seeing as though it had been 2 hours since, I was hoping they were trapped in a deep sleep and Reef and I wouldn't wake them up.

Because I'd get a mouthful from maman about it in the morning if I did.

As I reached the entrance of the kitchen, I noted that Reef had the water boiling and was putting in the pasta now. As Reef and I weren't amazing chefs ourselves - I was more of a baker in my opinion - we were not skilled enough to make our own pasta sauce with the hopes it wouldn't burn or come out tasting entirely the opposite of what it is meant to taste like. So instead, I made my way to one of the cupboards, the pair of us working in comfortable silence whilst I grabbed the Alfredo sauce packet from the cupboard I had found myself at.

I followed the directions on the back as Reef kept his eye on stirring our pasta, absentmindedly handing me ingredients I would murmur for, such as the milk, or cheese. Finally our midnight snack was done and prepared to be plated, which is what Reef did as I checked the timer on the phone.