"I'm sorry what?" I exclaimed, eyebrows scrunched together as the words leave my mouth, Reef beside me with a Cheshire smile on his face

"I'm sorry what?" I exclaimed, eyebrows scrunched together as the words leave my mouth, Reef beside me with a Cheshire smile on his face. Somehow pleased with what maman was saying.

"Please Ivy? I need to do this for her after everything she's done for me," maman pleaded, referring to one of her work friends. Julia Zimmerman who was in the middle of a divorce with her husband, had last minute decided to get away from said divorce and move to South Africa for a second chance, to leave the break up behind, according to maman.

And until then, she needed a place to stay.

So maman offered my room.

My room. Without even consulting me first. And with Juliet's room in the middle of a refurbish, which wouldn't be suitable for Julia to stay in, it left my room to be at her disposal.

So you know what that meant? I would have to stay in Reef's room with him.

Which was what he was so fucking happy about.

I would have thought he would be upset having to share a room with me but no, as soon as it was suggested about me being in the same room as him, a large smirk formed on his face and has been there since.

"We'll be on our best behaviour Mrs Winter," Reef said sincerely, removing the smile as he said it, and wrapped an arm around my shoulders to show her how honest he was about his words. Putting on an innocent act despite the smile my maman saw him wear as soon as the words left her mouth.

Of course maman knew he was full of shit, she wasn't gullible, and the fact he never called her Mrs Winter unless being sarcastic proved the point that his words were not sincere at all.

"Please do not allow any inappropriate actions to occur in that room while Julia is here-" maman started before I cut her off abruptly.

"Maman no! Nothing like that is happening between us, ever." I stated firmly, stepping away from Reef's hold. I ignored the way mischief flashed through his eyes for a second before it disappeared.

"So I'd suggest grabbing your clothes and items you'll need during those 5 days so you don't disturb Julia." Maman advised, already heading towards her briefcase set aside on the kitchen counter.

"I'll be back with Julia around 8pm with her gear for the next few days, make sure you've got your things by then because I don't want to make her wait," maman stated sternly, leaving no room for arguments.

I sighed and turned around, I had nothing else to do today, so it made packing a duffel bag a good to-do job this morning. I made a mental list of all the things I would need to survive in Reef's room, without having to make a detour to my own bedroom every morning.