It was 4 fucking am in the morning

It was 4 fucking am in the morning. And yet somehow Ivette had still managed to convince me to wake her up before I left so she got to say goodbye - and who was I to say no to her? I wanted to see her before I went too.

It was only 5 days, but those 5 days would feel like a lifetime away from her. I'd grown quite attached to Ivy throughout these months, as if growing our friendship into maybe something more. Once I got the guts to admit my feelings for Ivy.

That's right, I finally came to the terms that I like Ivy. Perhaps love.

I slowly entered Ivette's room, before crouching down beside her, where she lay tucked in her bed. "Ivette," I whispered, to which she woke up rather quickly compared to myself the other day.

"Reef?" She asked groggily, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm going to the airport now," I murmured, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. My words seem to wake her up as she turned towards me, swinging her legs over the side of the bed and getting up. She walked over to her wardrobe, as my eyes followed her every movement.

"What are you doing?" I asked, watching her close the door before coming back out in an entirely different outfit.

"Coming with you to the airport, I'll just get an Uber back," Ivy stated with a yawn, and I didn't have the heart in me to say no and make her get back into her pyjamas. So instead I agreed and followed her out towards the hallway.

We had to be very quiet because Camille was back from helping Julia.

"Are you having breakfast here or on the way?" Ivy whispered to me, stopping just before the kitchen.

"On the way," was my response as I opened the garage door for her. I had packed all my gear and luggage into my car last night. So I didn't have to do any of that as I got into the front seat and started the engine.

I stopped at the drive thru of McDonald's, handing Ivy the food as I continued on the road to the airport.

"Thank you," she smiled genuinely, putting our coffees in the cup holder of the car.

___________________

Now I stood with my teammates, Ivy in my arms as I hugged the breath out of her.

My arm wrapped entirely around her waist whilst my other hand held her head to my chest. "I'll miss you," I told her, not letting go.

"It's only 5 days Reefy," her voice was muffled, obviously sick of me by now and my overdramatising.

"5 days too long." I stated firmly, releasing her as the last of my team turned up.

"Stay safe, don't get a red or yellow card, no fights on the field," she expressed, looking up at me with those pretty hazel eyes.

"Me, red card? Never," I grinned, keeping my hands on her waist to have some sort of contact with her. To remind myself I hadn't left yet, that I didn't have an important game in a few days.