20

Aight we hit 20 chapters. That means I can't run when I get writers block and delete this book 🥳

"So he tried holding your hand and you moved it away from him," I raised an eyebrow at Ivy in amusement

"Yeah, and now he probably thinks I'm weird or something because I forgot to explain to him that I don't like physical touch or just PDA in general. Which is a stupid excuse because there wasn't even anyone there!" she groaned, spinning around on my chair.

"I'm sure you'll get another chance to tell him. Maybe he'll go for a hug in the middle of the college hallways," I grinned as Ivy's cheeks went red and she put her hands on her face.

"oh mon dieu non, s'il faisait ça et que je m'éloignais, je lui briserais probablement le cœur," she rambled. I pursed my lips and narrowed my eyes at her.

"Ivy I speak English. I don't have a second language," I told her pointedly.

"Don't worry, I only said I'd probably break his heart by moving away from the hug," she spun in a circle once more.

"He's so sweet though. Will you take me to your game tomorrow? I want to watch him play." Ivy grinned, still going around on my chair.

"Sure. It'll be a good game against Jacksonville, their colours are disgusting though. Orange and yellow. Who the fuck came up with their jerseys?" I scrunched up my face whilst remembering the hideous array of colours someone thought would look good.

"That's alright, we've got the cool colours," Ivy smiled, pausing her spinning to look at me.

"I see Abigail isn't glaring at me as much anymore," she raised an eyebrow in question.

"Yeah. She's trying to make up for being a horrible friend in the past." I nodded, fiddling with the strings of my hoodie, Ivy nodded in understanding.

"I saw her out with this other dude the other day. Are they dating or?" She asked, beginning to spin again.

"Christian Heartly from Bronswick. I think they're only talking, she told me on valentines but I've forgotten. They were each others valentines, he even got her a necklace," I smiled, happy for Gail.

We sat in comfortable silence for a bit before Ivy turned on my computer. Clicking on Skype, she signed on with her account and clicked on Juliet's photo.

The sound echoed through the silent room before Jule's answered.

"Hi Ivy!" The 13 year old grinned, grand-mère Celine in the background cooking.

"How is it over there?" Ivy asked, tilting her head.

"It's cold, but it's good. Hi Reef," Juliet grinned when she saw my head move behind Ivy.

"Hey Juliet," I smiled, getting up from the bed and walking to stand behind Ivy, she sat cross legged in the chair with her hands tucked in her lap.

I put my hands on the top of the chair and leaned on it, Ivy looked up at me and smiled, I turned my lips upwards at her before turning back to the camera.