"Where were you?" I asked Ivy as she walked through the front door

Her eyes met mine for a split second before they took in my body, "put a shirt on!" She gasped, covering her eyes, I looked down and remembered I had to take off my shirt when I spilt egg on it.

"Sorry," I muttered, not moving from my spot.

"You didn't answer my question though," I stated, turning around to check the oven. I was making brownies for Juliet, she asked me to make them whilst she was at ballet.

Through the oven's reflection, I could see Ivy looking at my back, not responding to me.

"Vi?" I asked, she blinked, once, twice before shaking her head and turning away from me.

"I went on a date with Nicholas," she said casually, going up the stairs.

"What?" I exclaimed, turning around, but she was already in her room by the time it clicked in my head what she said.

It couldn't possibly be Fagan could it? Maybe Chanders or Adamson but Vi and Nicholas Fagan have never even spoke for all I knew.

The ovens timer behind me went off and I pulled out the brownie tray with a cloth, careful not to burn myself. I set it on the stove top and dropped the cloth on the bench, walking up the stairs quickly.

I opened up Ivy's door and stared her down on her bed.

Ivy was sat cross legged in sweats and a sports bra, reading a book and was about half way through it, lifting my gaze up, I noticed the glasses on her face. She looked cute.

Fuck.

"Are we talking Nicholas Fagan?" I asked, taking slow steps to the end of her bed.

"Yeah? Why?" Ivy asked, her hazel eyes watching me.

"Since when did you start talking?"

"Today." I raised an eyebrow at her answer.

"Isn't that a little soon to go on a date?"

"Yeah. But how else do you get to know someone," she sighed before continuing, "he asked me to go for a milkshake with him so I agreed. And then he asked to be my valentine, but I told him we only just met so he thinks if we hang out enough to get to know each other that we could be each others valentine." She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

"Oh." I wasn't expecting that.

What scared me most was that Nicholas was the guy you'd bring home to your parents. He was respectful, polite, funny, and had the looks. I'd seen numerous girls go for him, but he's more of a relationship guy, and so the girls who had been looking for more of a one night stand, were rejected.

Nicholas was perfect for Ivy. And that's what hurt, knowing I might lose her to him if he continues this.

"I thought we'd be each other's valentines again?" I tried, tilting my head. Ivy snorted and furrowed her eyebrows.