15

"Why'd you do that?" I hissed at Reef as he still sat next to me, a smirk on his face ever since he touched my thigh

"I needed help getting up and your leg was there," he shrugged, turning to look at me.

"I'm sure that's the reason. You could have used the chair or the table to get up," I stated, raising my eyebrows. He only rolled his eyes in response.

Finally our food came over, a boy around our age that I think I know as Peyton Locksworth from university, a Spanish major if I was correct.

"Here's everyone's dinners. You all look wonderful tonight," he grinned, setting each plate in front of us. Under my plate however, a ripped white piece of paper poked from underneath it.

"What the fuck is that?" Reef stared at it with his lip curled in disgust.

"Your mum." Shit, I didn't mean to blurt that out.

Reef ignored me and grabbed it, unfolding it, he scoffed, then started looking around the restaurant.

"Give it back," I scowled, reaching over to get it back.

"Why?"

"Because it was for me," I stated, using one hand to grab his wrist and the other to rip the paper from his grasp.

Reef just stared at me the whole time when I realised the position I was in. My torso was leant of his lap, one hand still holding his wrist whilst the other that now held the piece of paper balanced my body by holding onto Reef's knee.

That's awkward.

I quickly sat back up and tried acting like nothing happened by opening the note. Inside were a set of numbers and I realised it was Peyton's phone number.

"What is it?" Adin asked, after being caught up in conversation with Leonel and Willow the entire time I was with Reef.

"His phone number," I furrowed my eyebrows before scrunching it up and setting it on the plate with our dirty napkins.

I hope my food isn't cold.

I saw a satisfied smirk on Reef's lips but decided to just ignore it. He's putain de weird.

___________________

"So what I'm hearing is that you and Gail are back on as friends?" I quirked an eyebrow at Reef, questioning his decisions right now.

"Yeah. She met up with me after one of my majors and we talked it out. And don't give me that look, I'm rethinking my choices too." I put my hands up, acting as if I totally wasn't judging him. Liar.

"Just get out. I have to get to the gym before Leonel texts me saying I took too long and he's started the workout without me." I rolled my eyes at his attitude. I had a lecture at 9:20 and Adin was sleeping in until 12 so that left Willow, who had a tutorial at 8. Therefore she had no way of getting me in time.