25

Warning: this chapter isn't edited.

My eyelids felt heavy over my eyes as light connected with my skin, the sun beaming through the curtains drawn

My eyelids felt heavy over my eyes as light connected with my skin, the sun beaming through the curtains drawn. I frowned, knowing I don't usually leave my blinds open at night. With that thought in mind, the memories from yesterday came crashing down.

The drink, Wendy, Reef, the party, the police, I felt nothing however. I was just numb. I wonder if the cops had released him, or if they had notified me yet of what would happen to him. Despite the questions going through my head, I made no move to grab my phone. Then I remembered Reef, looking after me, the raw emotion that flashed through his eyes every time he spoke to me.

I'm so glad he's back in my life. I forgot how much I missed him, how much he means to me. After everything he did, I never expected the day I forgave him, or the day we'd even talk again. But here we were, living together as best friends again.

I sighed and reached a hand up to feel my lip, feeling for the cut Nicholas made yesterday. When my fingertips met the scabbing, I remembered Reef putting ointment on yesterday and cleaning my face. I groaned and got up. When I first sat up, my head was dizzy and spots clouded my vision for only a few seconds before dispersing. I clutched onto my bedside table, noting the same ointment sat there along with tablets and water. I was grateful for it as I sculled the water along with the painkillers, my head and lip killing me with pain. I slowly got up from  the bed and clumsily made my way through the bathroom and to Reef's room to check if he was still here.

Instead I found an empty messy bed, Reef wasn't known for making it before leaving. So I did it for him, tucking in the sheets before walking back out to my closet, getting warm clothes to have a shower to wash the stench of alcohol that settled over me.

Stopping at the mirror in the bathroom, my hand dropped my neatly folded clothes on the sinks bench, dragging a hand through my tangled hair, my eyebags more vivid against my pale skin. Reef had done a good job at removing all my makeup, there was only the tiniest bit of mascara smudged into my eyeline, my lips also tinted red from the lipstick I borrowed from Adin yesterday.

I went back into my room for a quick search of my phone, finding it set on the bedside table which I must of missed beside the water. Letting my fingers type away at the screen, I sent Reef a text, asking where he was. However when I sent it, I remembered he had a game today, and I was right when he replied, confirming my suspicions.

So I sent my next message to Adin, asking if she could pick me up on her way to the game if she hadn't left already.

I was in luck when she texted back straight away, claiming she'll be here in 20 with Willow in tow, both weren't strong drinkers, so that meant no hangovers for either of us. Maybe Willow however, since she was the birthday girl of the night and got about 10 bottles of wine for presents.

This gave me enough time to get ready, in jeans and a sweatshirt after a warm hot shower. I dragged my finger over my split lip, wincing in pain as it stung under the water. It was obvious one single move - like a smile - could tear the cut apart again, so I had to be careful.