40

I was woken up by loud crashes that became increasingly obvious were from the kitchen

I was woken up by loud crashes that became increasingly obvious were from the kitchen. It wasn't Camille nor Julia, and I started patting around the cold bed for Ivy.

I came up empty handed.

I rolled out of bed and tugged a hoodie over my shirtless chest, grumpily heading downstairs to see what mess I would come into.

Turning the corner, Ivy was mixing something in a mixing bowl, hips swinging whilst she hummed to Taylor Swift that was quietly playing from her phone. At least I think it was Taylor Swift.

The crash looked like it'd came from the drawers where one had come out from its spot after sliding too far forward and Ivy looked like she had tried to put it back by the way it was hanging on only slightly before giving up.

I decided to put my big boy pants on and walked up behind Ivy, sliding my hands around her waist and pulling her towards my chest.

"Morning," I whispered into her ear, chin on her shoulder as I looked at what she was making. It looked like icing. Except it was kind of a snotty green. Couldn't blame her for trying though.

"You're not supposed to be up right now." She stated as if it were obvious.

"Sorry, heard a few noises and thought we were being robbed." I shrugged, releasing her from my hold and stepping back, causing her to turn around.

"I woke you up?" Ivy asked, distraught. "I'm so sorry, I tried to be quiet."

"It's fine Vi, what are you doing anyway?" I shrugged, a small smile tugging at my mouth.

"It's a surprise. You won't know until it's ready, now go back up to the room." Ivy stated firmly, I raised an eyebrow but didn't question her and turned around to head back up the stairs.

I was stopped by a tug on my wrist and Ivy was pulling me back and placing a kiss on my cheek as she whispered "happy birthday" before releasing me shyly and turning back to the icing.

I'd forgotten it was my birthday. I kind of gave up celebrating it after mum and dad had their first business trip and didn't make it back in time for my birthday so I had to celebrate it alone. It wasn't fun. I tend to be a bit... over sensitive about my birthday.

An hour later, Ivy barged into my room, grin on her face and held out her hand for what I assumed was for me to take. I did and laced our fingers together as she lead me downstairs.

"Are you ready?" She asked, to which I shook my head, just to see her bounce in joy as she pushed me into the kitchen.

There sat a red velvet cake with the green icing and in very messy hand writing "happy b-day Reefy".

I wrapped my arm around her waist and tugged her to my side.

"You shouldn't have," I said, overly loud, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.