Princess: you played so well!!

Only well?

Princess: yeah... I was expecting more goals 🤷‍♀️

You come play then

Princess: if it means I get to verse hot guys, then why not

Never mind, you can stay home

Princess: Why! Jealous Reefy?

My Princess: oh shit, that's supposed to be a question mark, not an exclamation mark

Had me worried you were yelling at me

Princess: haha, so funny

Sarcasm. I rolled his eyes.

Only for you

Princess: You never replied? Jealous much?

Of what? Imaginary men? I'm the only hot guy in your life

Princess: Tom Holland, Chris Hemsworth, Brenton Thwaites, Johnny Depp, Tom Holland, Andrew Garfield, Tom Holland, Brad Pitt, did I mention Tommy Holland?

I rolled my eyes again.

I said in your life, not your imagination.

Princess: well fuck you

That's in your imagination as well

Princess: and I bet it's in yours too

I didn't deny it and neither did she as we moved onto the next topic.

___________________

Finally I was dragged away from my small space of just Ivy by Leonel who sat me down on the bench, the boys chattering loudly around me.

"Go on Cap, give the speech," Leonel grinned, taking a seat beside me.

"I'm not even going to lie, that was one of our best games in a few weeks." I paused, scanning my teammates before me, Kaz taking off the goalie gloves, Beau untying a boot, and many of the others tugging their shin pads out of their socks.

"And boy am I proud of you men for going out onto that field and giving it your all. The score doesn't matter, only the attitudes we walk off that field with. Coach is absent right now, on the phone to the school but I'm sure he's so proud of us right now, probably boasting about the win to get it on every newspaper. Thanks for giving me an amazing team to play with. This sounds like a goodbye speech for our last game - but it's not. We still have games after this, and I want you to be putting your all into those games as well. Because if we play like that every game, we only improve and better ourselves." I was standing, holding a beer in the air as I pumped up the boys, some even popping open their own bottles of alcohol as the celebrations began.