Transitions

Raven eyes her leg a grimaced look dawning her features. She was currently in a wheelchair wearing a red dress with black accents. On her lap was her weapon Oman. She was back at the Xiao Long house on Patch in the master bedroom. With a sigh she lifts the dress a bit revealing her stump for a right leg looking at it mournfully.

"Your doing it again." Taiyang's voice rang out.

"Doing what Tai?" Raven replies coldly not taking her gaze off of her stump.

"Your staring at it." Taiyang says simply. Raven looked up to see Taiyang Walking over with a tray containing food and tea.

"So?" Raven scowls.

"So..." Taiyang starts slowly. "I figured you'd have put on the leg by now instead of sitting here all gloomy."

Raven turns her head away from him crossing her arms around her chest. Her scowl had turned to barely hidden shame. "I can't. Not yet."

Taiyang sighs. "Look. I understand that you can't simply 'move on' from this, but you should at the vary least try it on." Taiyang reasons. "I mean hell Ozpin risked a lot on kingdom relations to get you that leg. Both Atlas and Mistral wanted you locked up for good. If it weren't for Ironwood and Leo helping Ozpin to keep relations going smooth things could be a lot worse right now."

"I'm one person Tai." Raven says looking back to the man with a scowl. "It's not like I'm a big deal for any of the kingdoms."

"Think what you want Raven." Taiyang says. "But that's not how they see it. The Branwen Tribe killed a lot of people in Mistral from raiding small villages, and you were their leader. In the Mistrali and Atlesian Councils eyes your a terrorist." Taiyang explains. "Ironically enough Vacuo doesn't seem to care much."

"You saying I should have taken the tribe to the desert?" Raven asks raising a brow.

Taiyang shrugs. "With how the people in Vacuo are it's likely that you'd be left alone for the most part. They also have similar views as you."

"Not exactly Tai." Raven says rolling her eyes. "Vacuo believes in moving on from tragedies because they happen so often. It's not the same."

"You forget that they also believe that if you can't keep up with the group your on your own." Taiyang adds.

"Have you ever actually been to Vacuo." Raven asks narrowing her eyes.

Taiyang scoffs. "Of course I've been to Vacuo. You were with us when our team went there for that mission."

"You mean The Flaming Crab Mission ." Raven asks.

"Yeah that's the one." Taiyang nods in agreement.

"Tai that mission happened nearly 20 years ago." Raven then thinks for a moment. "Wait no even longer than that. We were still in training at that time."

"Okay fine whatever!" Taiyang shouts in defeat. "We're getting off topic anyway." He says. "The leg. At least give it a try. Who knows you may actually like the thing."

Raven sighs before looking to a dresser where a box containing said leg sat. "Fine."

In the Beacon Academy amphitheater the students all await as Ozpin approaches the mic. Beside him were General Ironwood and Qrow Branwen on his right, and Professor Glynda Goodwitchon his left. "First of all I believe I should apologize to you all. None of you could have ever anticipated such a threat to attack Vale. Many lives were lost, and many homes were destroyed. Thankfully the Kingdom was able to be saved from complete destruction." Ozpin says kindly. "However we mustn't forget those who lost their lives to this tragedy. While we carry on with our own lives we as Huntsman and Huntresses must continue our efforts and train as best as we can so when another tragedy like this were to happen again we will be ready." Ozpin then steps back walking away leaving the mic to Ironwood who walks up.

"Thank you Ozpin." Ironwood starts. "Now I'm sure you're all wondering about the Biannual Vytal Festival. Well let me put your minds at ease. The vital Festival will still be held. However after recent events the councils of the four kingdoms have concluded that it will not be held in Vale this year. That responsibility has been given to Atlas, and those of you who are sent here to participate in the event will be given transportation and expenses will be paid for by Atlas. As for the Beacon students your headmaster and the staff have already selected those of you who have the best grades to be sent though it is still your choice to participate if you desire. Thank you"

Later in the Team RWBY dorm the girls all pack suitcases filled with clothes, books, Hope's toys, and a few other necessities. "Well." Yang starts. "At least we'll get to see what it's like in another Kingdom." Yang says.

"Even if it is Atlas." Blake mutters in annoyance.

Hope had heard her and perked up at that."Atlas is home Right momma?" Hope asks innocently.

Weiss giggles. "I suppose in a way it's where I was born after all. Even you were born there, but Beacon has been more of true home to me." Weiss answers. "That's how I see it at least."

"We'll said." Yang compliments.

Just then Ruby exits the bathroom dragging a tote filled with conditioner, soap, and other hair products. "Do we really need this much hair stuff?!" Ruby complains.

"YES!" Weiss, Yang, and Blake shout at the same time.

Ruby sighs and collapses on the ground in exhaustion. "This thing weighs more than Crescent Rose." She whines.