Chapter I ''Home?''

The fair-haired girl stood on the balcony with her hands on the railing and watched as the waves of the sea hit the rocks. She had watched it every day for seventeen years, every day hoping it might be the last time she watched it. But it wasn't like that...

"My Lady..." she didn't hear the words of Selaria, her maid. "Lady Maegelle" she turned to the older woman at that moment. She may have never heard anyone call her by her real name, but she knew her name wasn't Maegelle.

And yet... She reacted to it, just like a well-trained dog that always comes to you when called.

"What's the matter?" She asked dispassionately, not very pleased that the woman had interrupted her.

"We're leaving for the capital tomorrow, my Lady." She said, folding some of the girl's dresses into the crate. "King Robert is dead, you're safe."

Safe... She didn't believe it. She'll never be safe anywhere, no one is. She turned her head a moment more towards the waves. I'm finally seeing them for the last time... Her father's murderer is dead, he won't come under the walls of Casterly Rock anymore, and he won't demand her head, even though she didn't do anything to him.

Her only crime was being Rhaegar's daughter, being a Targaryen...

***

She had never seen King's Landing with her own eyes. She was born here but spent her life in and around Casterly Rock. She was not used to so many people... And to a specific smell, and in fact it was a stench. She had heard the maidservants in the castle say that it smelled in the capital from time to time, but she had never thought there could be so much truth in their words.

"You were born here, my Lady." Selaria smiled at her, then peering out the carriage window. She said nothing to that. In fact, she didn't even know what to say to that. 'I know'? She wouldn't have taken this dialogue any further. Therefore she was silent. She was silent until it was time to get off before entering the Red Keep, her real family home. A home that had been brutally taken from her before she could remember it. Taken with a stab in the back, just like her father before he could even see his daughter. Everything here was her home and suffering at the same time.

Seventeen years this usurper had been sitting here, using everything her ancestors had built... She had seen him once. He wanted to kill her then, but luckily Jaime somehow stopped him and led the girl to the other side of Casterly Rock. Now it was no longer Robert to raise his hand against her, but there would be someone else for sure. She was about to get out of the carriage, finally touching the grounds that legally belonged to her with her feet, but she stopped at the edge of the carriage, looking a little around.

"Come on..." she heard quietly somewhere in front of her and then she saw that blonde, Jaime, fucking, Lannister, who was reaching out to her to help her out. "You are safe. You are safe and at home."

She just nodded, letting herself be taken by the hand, and finally got out, followed closely by the maid. She imagined the flames raging seventeen years ago in this place, while her mother gave birth here in pain, in this building.

"Home..." she said softly, more to herself than anyone else. This wasn't what her home should looked like.

Her parents should be at home, her siblings... They wasn't here. The truth was also bad because she had no family anymore, practically no one from birth. She could see that they were trying to turn her into a Lannister, but despite those false smiles and nodding, she genuinely hated them. She hated the people who destroyed her world, her life. It was because of them that she felt like a war trophy. She was a princess, even though it was officially taken away from her. But she was also tired of this life, she saw no hope of regaining what she had lost long ago.

***

Her maidservant had just been away when Maegelle walked into the empty throne room. She had barely made it through the door, and she already knew this was where she belonged. After the death of the Mad King, her father should now be on the throne that stood at the end of the room, and she would then be smiling on the balcony, looking at the room full of people.

But it was empty.

She walked slowly closer to the throne, not paying so much attention to the appearance of the room. She climbed a few steps and stood just in front of the iron throne. For a moment she stood so uncertainly staring at him, until she finally reached out slowly to touch his armrest.

"If you wanted to sit on that chair, you'd have to kill a lot of people first." She dropped her hand halfway when she heard the words. She put on her indifferent expression and turned to her new interlocutor.

"Are you going to stalk me, ser?" She asked Jaime directly. He couldn't just leave her alone? As if it wasn't enough that somewhere in this place he killed her grandfather... with a hit in the back.

"I've missed you." She wanted to contemptuously roll her eyes at these words, but limited herself to a soft sigh.

"I don't doubt." she didn't miss him. To any of them, she didn't even want to see them. She would rather be far away, even outside the wall she would probably be better off than in the capital. "But you have to forgive me now, I'm going to my chambers. I'd rather to not fall asleep at the coronation of the new king."

She had everything while having nothing.