Chapter XIII ''Yunkai''

There was a short stop to water the horses. Visenya got off her mare and someone else grabbed the reins to lead the animal to the water. Vis, on the other hand, stood next to Missandei, facing a dozen or so Unsullied officers. Just after leaving Astapor, she asked them to choose from among themselves a leader, in their opinion the best of all, someone suitable for the role. It was obvious that they weren't used to making decisions on their own, but they liked that they could decide for themselves now.

"Gōntan ao iderēptan?" she asked.

*"Did you choose?"*

The line parted, revealing one of the soldiers. He stuck his spear into the sand next to him and removed his helmet before standing in front of Visenya, bowing to her.

"Encores emagon se rigle." he said. Now that he wasn't wearing a helmet, she could see that the Unsullied even had complete control over their facial expressions, it was hard to read any emotions.

*"This man has that honor."*

"Skoros's aōha brōzi?" she asked.

*"What's your name?"*

"Turgon Nudha."

*"Grey Worm"*

Hearing this, she felt a small pang in her heart. She blinked rapidly a few times to hold back any tears.

"Bona's daor nykeā brōzi..."

*"That's not a name..."*

She immediately thought of herself and the name "Maegele" given to her. Tywin Lannister wanted to take control of her personality, change it in every possible way, even through her name. In fact, if it weren't for Selaria, she wouldn't even know that her real name was Visenya. If it weren't for her, she wouldn't even know that her mother had named her that, that she wasn't named after some septa who died of greyscale after caring for children with it.

As a small child, she didn't yet know how important a name could be in life. She realized this over time, and now she proudly bears her name. Everyone should be proud of their name.

"Your Grace, Unsullied are given new names when they are boys, after they cut..." Missandei didn't say it, but they both knew what she meant. "Grey Worm, Red Flea, Black Rat. The names are intended to remind them that they are nothing more than miserable vermin."

It was sad to hear, especially when you had experienced something similar.

"Iksā daor zegh. Iderēbagon real brōzāt, ones kesā sagon prodī hen. Ao se mirre se Dovaogēdy rēje mirre bona shaemī ao se remido ao hen buzdarido." she said in a confident voice.

*"You are not vermin. Choose yourselves true names, ones that you will be proud of. You and all the Unsullied should reject everything that shames you and reminds you of slavery."*

"Brōzi Turgon Nudha tepagon nyke hoskagon se biarves. Se brōzi bisy iksin āzma lēda iksis qrimbrōstan, lēda bisa brōzi bisa issaros iksin gūrogon buzdarido. Se Turgon Nudha iksis brōzi bisa issaros ēdas skori iksin mazilībagon dāez. Bisa issaros jaelagon naejot umbagon lēda bisa brōz." he explained.

*"The name Grey Worm makes me proud and brings luck. The name that this person was born with is cursed, because with this name this person was taken into slavery. And Grey Worm is the name that this person had when was set free. This person wants to keep that name."*

A tear came to her eyes as she listened to him. She understood why he preferred to keep that name, as did the rest of the Unsullied. She thought it would only remind them of bad times, but they remembered it well. They associated it with the day when they finally threw off their chaines and chose their own path.