Chapter XVIII ''Justice''

Now the people of Meereen also called her Mhysa, which only made her smile. They cheered when they saw her and waved their removed collars as she walked through the city streets. Everyone smiled back at her and she felt happy again, even though she couldn't call this city her home.

Those of the Masters who were still alive were gathered in front of her, surrounded by soldiers so that they could not escape or do anything to her. She looked at them in silence for a moment, wondering what she should do. She should do justice and punish them for their crimes.
But she didn't want to do this now, deal with such unpleasant things, when she was happy again.

"For now, throw them into the dungeons." Visenya said to Ser Barristan before turning towards the Great Pyramid.

Once she was upstairs, on the huge balcony, she felt like a real ruler for the first time. At the same time, it reminded her of the times when she would go out on her balcony at Casterly Rock and admire the sea, or in King's Landing, where her room also overlooked the city.
But there was no Targaryen sigil on the top of the building. She didn't rule there. There she looked at the endless sea or at a city that didn't know her or only gossiped about her. Here she ruled, everyone heard about her, they knew who she was, what she had done and what she could do. She wasn't an unwanted guest, she was a queen, it was her place.

From here everything seemed so peaceful... There was no noise of the city, no people in sight, and the blue sky stretched overhead. She would like to stay here for longer, but she couldn't. There were a lot of things to discuss. So she turned around, removing her hands from the stone railing, and returned to the interior of the chamber.

"So...?" she only said, signaling that they could start discussing the current situation.

"King Joffrey Baratheon is dead, Your Grace. Murdered at his own wedding."

She raised her eyebrows at the words coming from Ser Arthur's mouth.

Joffrey is dead. This bantling...

She still remembered how one day he decided to bully her, started pulling her hair, wanted to tear it out, and when she stopped him, he suggested that they could check if Targaryens are actually immune to fire.
He'd be surprised...

And now he was gone. This meant that his younger brother, Tommen, will take the throne. She didn't know much about him, but she heard that he was the complete opposite of his older brother.

"And Second Sons took over the fleet of Meereen, my Queen." Daario stated, turning her thoughts away from Joffrey and his brother.

"Did someone ask you to do this?" she asked, clearly surprised that he did such a thing.

"No." he shrugged and, sitting next to the others at the table, reached for the dates lying on a plate in the middle of the counter. "But I heard you need ships."

Somehow she suppressed a sigh. On the one hand, she was upset that he did it without asking her permission, but on the other hand, it was a nice gesture in a way and she didn't want to be angry about it.

"How many ships?"

"Ninety-three." Ser Barristan replied.

"How many people can they carry?"

"Nine thousand three hundred, not counting the sailors."

"Would that be enough to take over King's Landing?" she asked with a dose of uncertainty in her voice, closing her eyes a little as she imagined it all.

These ships are enough to transport them to Westeros, Dragonstone, or even straight to King's Landing. Something that was once only a dream of hers now became a reality. She could return to the place from which she had once had to flee...