Chapter II ''Long may he reign''

Sitting in front of the mirror in her new chamber in the evening, waiting for her maid Selaria, she looked at herself. Throughout her life, she hadn't been able to shake off the feeling that she was always standing out from the rest. But there was nothing to wonder about here, after all, how often in your life in the Seven Kingdoms do you find someone who has truly purple eyes and hair so fair that it is almost white?

She had been washing her hair with an oak bark extract for as long as she remembered to color it a little, but it still stood out from the crowd.

So how was she not to feel like a stranger wherever she went?

"You've been pensive a lot lately, my Lady." She turned to the maid when she returned to wash her hair.

"That's not true." She said, watching Selaria put two bowls of water on the table top. "I'll take care of my hair today, you better go and get me some herbs for my headache." It was obviously an excuse, because her head didn't hurt at all.

"Of course, my Lady." The woman smiled slightly and curtsied in front of Maegelle, then left the room, leaving her alone.

The girl immediately poured the entire contents of the bowl of oak bark extract into the first larger plant, and began washing her hair in plain water using soap.

Visenya. Her real name is Visenya Targaryen, she was given to after Aegon the Conqueror's wife, this warrior.

Washing her hair with warm water, she hummed some old melody under her breath, which she knew she didn't even know from where.

She was born when the capital was chaotic and the flames raged.

She washed them long and persistently and washed them with soap until she began to notice a light shade emerging.

She was born in flames, they are a natural part of her.

When she was done and somehow dried them with a towel, she spread them evenly on her shoulders and looked at herself again in the mirror. Maybe they didn't have their original shade yet, but they were much closer to him and stood out even more in the crowd.

Now it was enough to change into a dress made especially for the occasion and she was ready to go.

She was about to leave the chamber when her door swung open and her servant appeared with a mug of hot infusion in her hands.

"My Lady..." She was looking at the girl, and more precisely at her hair with a slightly open mouth.

"Something is wrong?" The girl asked, frowning slightly.

"No, my Lady, it's just... I don't remember that I have ever seen you with your hair like that." Selaria was once the maid of Visenya's mother, but after the war she became Vis' maid, saving her life. And it has stayed that way to this day.

"You'll have plenty of time to get used to them now." She declared with a smile and left the room, Selaria had no choice whatsoever, so she followed her Lady.

Neither of them knew the castle corridors by heart, but Visenya knew the way from her chamber to the throne room perfectly well, because that was where she was most often lucky to be. When she got there, not all of the guests were there yet, actually, most of them weren't. Therefore, she could easily take her place by one of the benches, not worrying about anything.

The whole room was decorated especially for the occasion and a lot of benches were brought in so that more important guests could be seated. And a lot of flowers are too much for her taste...

"I think the capital is good for you." She felt someone tossing her loose hair over her right shoulder.

"Let's say like that..." she replied, noting that her new interlocutors were none other than Jaime. Not that she didn't like talking to him, she never really wanted to talk to him, especially after hearing a lot of rumors about him and his sister.