Chapter~13

She smiled seeing what it was and she looked up about to go when she saw Fais who realised the paper isn't with him and came to take it. 

Jaan: Thank you so much sir. 

She said trying to stop herself from squealing. 

Fais: You deserve it. 

Jaan: But sir, I wasn't even the topper, then why are you giving my name for the best student from the physics department? 

Fais: I never go by the marks. I see the dedication of the student towards not the subject but their total aim, their hard work, their punctuality, how well they are coping up with the class by the small tests, so that they don't just read the whole portions last minute. And you were performing well in all of these, including the behaviour, and your marks weren't the highest but still very nice. 

His words showed her a completely new side of him. 

Fais: And I'm sure your name will be there from at least one more department. You'll be the best student of the year. 

She didn't know how to control her happiness and just wanted to run away before showing herself as a mad girl in front of a teacher which he noticed and laughed. And suddenly all her excitement was forgotten, she got lost in his laughter. She came back to senses hearing him clear his throat and blushed but hid it looking at him. 

Fais: Also, can I get the notes you had made if you have them? I think you must have kept them neatly for your revision and to help others if needed, I'll just copy them and return it. 

Jaan: Ok sir, I will. 

She saw Abhi calling her and was about to go when she twisted her leg and was about to fall when someone caught her from the waist. She opened her eyes and saw Faisal. 

Fais: You forgot to return the sheet. 

His voice sounded lower than always, and it made her shiver a bit. She raised her hand holding the sheet and he took it, both unable to look away from each other's eyes. 

Abhi: Jaan, you ok? 

Fais came to senses and left her due to surprise. She fell down, and her one hand was around his neck so even he fell down. They both quickly stood up. 

Abhi: Sorry sorry. 

Fais: Its ok. 

He went from there. Abhi looked at Jaan. 

Abhi: What's happening? 

Jaan: What do you mean? 

Abhi: You came out of staff room and immediately he came, meaning you were talking to him and you gave him some paper. 

Jaan: Oh that. I had gone to give those books to Princi ma'am, but she had a substitution class so I gave him. Then he gave me Jai's form and....

She told about him giving her name for the best student of the year, her excitement returning. He smiled hearing it as she jumped in happiness. 

Jaan: And you know what he said when I asked why me when I am not a topper? 

She then repeated his words. He chuckled. 

Abhi: Ok, I understood you are very happy and excited but now calm down, we are still in college. 

Jaan: Sorry. And now stop laughing, you both are the same. 

Abhi: Who both? 

Jaan: You and sir whose name I just read in that sheet is Faisal. Even he was laughing on my excitement.