Chapter~19

Jaan: Acha ab mai kya karu? [Ok now what should I do?]

Abhi: Thodi der toh lagegi hi, yeh bhootni ja hi nahi rahi hai. Hum sabka dimaag kharaab karke rakh diya hai. [It will take sometime, this ghost isn't going away only. She has irritated all of us.]

Jaan: Dekhti hu mai. Acha mera phone tere paas hai? [I'll see. Is my phone will you?]

After few seconds Abhi replied. 

Abhi: Nahi. [No.]

Jaan: Kya? [What?]

Abhi: Acha mai rakhta hu warna yeh bhootni waha aa jayegi. [Ok I'll keep the call now or this ghost will come there.]

Jaan: Hmm. 

She cut the call and returned the phone to Fais. 

Fais: Why don't you call your number, if it will be with someone they'll pick it.  

Jaan: Oh yeah. 

She called her number and someone picked it after many rings. 

P: Hello. 

Jaan: Um who is this? 

P: I am _____( assume some random name). I found this phone fallen outside a classroom. 

Then she remembered she had bumped into Fais and at that time it must have fallen. 

Jaan: Ok, can you be there only? I'll come and take the phone. 

P: I'll have to go, I'm keeping it in the classroom. 

Before she could say anything the person cut the call making her groan. 

Fais: What happened? 

She told him everything. 

Fais: You need help? I'm anyways free. 

She thought a bit before nodding. They went to the class and started looking for her phone. 

Faisnat: I found it. 

They both said at same time. 

Jaan: That's not my phone. 

He turned the phone finding it familiar. He identified whose phone it is. 

Jaan: But he's absent today. I'll give him tomorrow. 

Fais: Yeah. 

He gave her the phone and she kept it in her bag. 

Jaan: Why do you teach only first year? 

Fais: Why, you want me to teach the second year or third year as well? 

Jaan: I was just asking. Because your brother taught all three years. 

Fais: I teach only first year as I think they need the most attention considering its a sudden level rise. And when I teach I want to do my best, which I won't be able to do if I take more than one year. Because then there are more lessons to make notes on and all that and keeping different batches becomes tough and teaching anyone personally becomes in a way impossible. 

Jaan: Ohh. You are doing this because it was your brother's job, but if you don't mind me asking, what were your dreams of doing in future? You study so hard so. 

Fais: Dreams, I barely remember of having a dream of what to do with life. And I wasn't the studious one in my school times. I was completely opposite of what I am now. 

Jaan: I don't know how but I could see through your lie, its fine though. 

Fais: Jannat, can we be friends? I'm not your teacher also anymore. 

Jaan: Sure, friends. 

She said forwarding her hand which he shook. 

Fais: Why do people even shake hands while becoming friends? Its so weird. 

Jaan: Ikr. Its like you are shaking hands after a formal meeting. 

Fais: Or maybe people don't actually do, we just know wrong. 

Jaan: It is possible. 

Then they looked at each other wondering why are they talking about such an useless topic like its the most serious topic and laughed. 

Fais: I should go back now, even you are having break. 

He turned to go but his leg slipped and he was about to fall so Jaan held his hand but herself fell down on him. They both had closed their eyes in fear and Jaan placed her hand below his head on instinct so that he doesn't get hurt. She winced as her hand got pressed between his head and the cold floor and slowly pulled it, his head was now on the floor but he didn't get hurt. They opened their eyes and were lost in each other, forgetting their pain. Their heads were very close to each other, noses almost touching. They came back to senses when Faisu's phone rang. They both blushed as they got up. 

Jaan: S..sorry. 

Fais: Its ok and sorry, it was my mistake also. 

His phone rang again reminding them it was ringing earlier. He saw its Abhi and picked it up. 

Fais: Hello. 

Abhi: Sir, Jannat. 

Fais: Yeah and she has found her phone also. 

He gave the phone to her. 

Jaan: Hello. 

Abhi: Jaan, bhootni gayi. [Jaan, ghost went.]

Jaan: Mai aati hu, aur ab yeh bhootni bhootni band kar. [I'll come, and now stop this ghost ghost.]

Abhi: Uska naam thodi pata hai. [But I don't know her name.]

Jaan: Hmm. 

Abhi: Tu hai kaha? [Where are you?]

Jaan: Jaha sir ki pichli class thi. [Where sir had his previous class.]

Abhi: Hum wahi aate hai, andar toh aa hi chuke hai. [We'll come there, we have come in anyways.]

Jaan: Ok. 

He kept the call. She returned the phone to Faisal. They all came there. They were surprised seeing Faisal as they didn't think she'll be able to stop him for so long without having any work, but they didn't know that she didn't have to. Fais moved to go but winced due to the pain in his back. 

Jaan: Is it hurting very much? 

Fais: No its fine. 

Jaan: So sorry I didn't mean to. 

Fais: I know. Wait you had got hurt in the hand right? 

Jaan nodded. He took her hand and she winced a tear rolling down due to pain. 

Fais: Sorry. 

He held it in a very light grip to check it. 

Fais: Shall I take you to a clinic, in case some bone is broken or something? 

Jaan: I'll go later. 

 He nodded and went from there, the pain increasing with walking but of course he didn't show it. 

Abhi: What was this? And how did you both get hurt?

Jaan: We fell down and my hand got pressed between his head and the ground and he fell on the ground with force hurting his back from the bench and then the ground. 

Abhi: Is it fine? 

Jaan: Its hurting very much but will be fine. But how will I write now?

Vaish: You are worried about that? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys

Hope you liked the chapter.

Stay tuned

🖤❤️🖤