Chapter~ 38

Vaish: Oh. Acha aunty, I and Abhi are going somewhere immediately after he returns. I don't know by when we'll return.

Vibha: Ok, inform me after he tells. 

Vaish nodded. Jaan felt someone snap their fingers in front of her, bringing her out of thoughts. 

Reem: Where are you lost? 

Jaan: Nowhere, I was just cleaning the room. 

Reem: How much more will you clean this already clean room? We all returned yesterday itself so our rooms are clean. 

Jaan: Hmm. You had come here for some work? 

Reem: No, I was just getting bored and Vaishu is with aunty, so I came here. 

Jaan: Where are those three then? 

Reem: The twins are playing in the garden and Faiza is asleep. 

Jaan: I'll get her here, she'll cry if no one is around when she wakes up. 

Reem: We should go there itself, she'll wake up if you pick her. 

Jaan: Yeah. 

They went to Faisu's room where Faiza was sleeping. A smile formed on her face seeing Faiza sleeping peacefully. 

Reem: You love Fais...

Jaan nodded. 

Reem: Then that will make you Faiza's mother. Are you ready for this responsibility? Motherhood sounds so great, but a big responsibility too. 

Jaan: Yes, I am ready for anything that comes with him, be it good or bad. And Faiza is the best I'll get. I feel so attached to her, being her mother, sounds like a dream come true to me. 

Reem smiled hearing this. 

Jaan: The way you asked me if I am ready to become Faiza's mother, a mother in the first place, no one was there to ask Fais this. He just knew one thing, he had to become her father. And at that time he hadn't even achieved his dreams, he was a college professor. 

Reem: It must have been very tough for him, taking care of Faiza, getting over his bhabhi's death, becoming a surgeon, everything came up together. 

Jaan: And he did everything in the best way he could, he passed all the tests God gave him. 

Reem: That reminded me of how everyone called him 'kitaabo ke pyaar mein andha aashik'. He is still the lover, but of you now, not books. 

Jaan blushed at that, but a smile formed on her face as well. 

Reem: Acha, I'll be back. 

She went out but didn't notice a drawer is open and bumped into it. She went out though, not reacting to it while Jaan shook her head. 

Jaan: Why did he leave the drawer open? 

She closed it and saw a book lying on the floor, open. It fell from the drawer when Reem bumped into it. She turned the book, confused what it is. He had written something in it, there was no printed text. She was about to close it but few words caught her attention and she couldn't resist reading it. He had written his feelings in the book, which seemed to be quiet old. She had a doubt of whether she should read it or not, not wanting to invade his privacy, but then read it anyways. She spent almost an hour reading it. Just then Faiza woke up so she kept the book in the drawer and picked up Faiza, calming her down as she took her to the kitchen and made her sit on the counter, preparing something for her to eat. 

Sid: Hlo di. 

Jaan: Sid, when did you return? 

Sid: Just now. Feeding Faiza?