7 | act i, scene vii

╔═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╗

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

╚═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╝

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐄 as they progressed. Ariadne was only fueled by wrath, as if Ares, the god of war, had deepened her resolve and had fused the fire inside her. She was sure the world would burn with her if she lit a match. Decadence had become a song that played a debauched tune to her soul.

She was going to the Dungeons after a long day; her mind was plagued with plans and schemes. She opened her mouth to mumble the password—and a woman screamed from somewhere above, and Ariadne jerked her head upward while gazing at the ceiling.

The assassin could hear a muffled commotion coming from what she thought might be the entrance hall. However, she had not seen anything out of the ordinary.

Somewhere above her, the woman screamed again. Ariadne made her way out of the Dungeons, trying to pinpoint where exactly the screaming was coming from.

The cries came from the entrance hall, and as Ariadne rushed toward the stone stairs going up from the dungeons, they became louder. When she reached the top, she saw the packed entrance hall. Students poured out of the Great Hall to observe what was happening, where supper was still being served. Others had jammed onto the marble stairwell as well.

Velasquez pushed through a tangle of towering Slytherins and noticed that the bystanders had formed a large ring, some surprised, others terrified. Professor McGonagall was standing alongside Ariadne, who appeared to be feeling a little queasy from what she saw.

Holding her wand in one hand and an empty sherry bottle in the other, Professor Trelawney stood in the center of the entry hall, appearing completely insane. Her hair was standing on end, her spectacles were crooked, magnifying one eye more than the other, and her shawls and scarves were strewn around carelessly about her shoulders, giving the impression that she was falling apart at the seams. Two big trunks were alongside her on the floor, one of which was upside down and appeared to have been tossed down the steps after her. Professor Trelawney was terrified, looking at something Ariadne could not see but which appeared to be standing at the bottom of the steps.

"No!" she shrieked. "This cannot be happening! I refuse to accept it!"

"Did you have any idea this was going to happen?" remarked a high girlish voice, sounding callously pleased. Ariadne budged to her left and saw Trelawney's terrible vision was none other than Professor Umbridge. "Despite your inability to anticipate even tomorrow's weather, you must surely have understood that your poor performance throughout my inspections, and lack of progress, would almost certainly result in your dismissal?"