29 | act ii, scene iv

W A R N I N G

Mentions of blood and violence.

╔═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╗

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

╚═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╝

𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 her mother after the words they had exchanged and Paloma had indeed bought the snowy owl for Ariadne, and she hadn't even bothered to give it a name.

She'd refused to receive Occlumency and Legilimency lessons, and quickly Thanatos had arranged for her to receive classes with someone back at Hogwarts, notifying Dumbledore about the importance of the matter.

September had approached rather fastly, almost snatching the summer away from the students' hands. Ariadne had heard that many were not returning to Hogwarts because of the turmoil that the Second Wizarding War had begun.

As far as the assassin knew, the mission was still on board. Paloma could have never stopped Hades from sending his daughter to the place where the Death Eaters wanted to enter desperately. The only thing that confused Ariadne was why she was doing this when she had earned what she wanted.

"Tao?" the girl questioned as she loaded the trunk into her car.

"You know you can call me Thanatos, right?" he responded as he ordered all the luggage so it could fit.

"Uh, well, Thanatos?" Ariadne tested out the name in her mouth, feeling strange.

The god of Death blinked and turned to her. "Sounds weird, but I'll allow it."

Ariadne ignored the way he was trying to make light conversation. She closed the car and walked over to him. "Why do I have to continue the mission if I already received my payment?"

Thanatos cocked an eyebrow at her in question. "What do you mean?

"I mean..." she trailed off, feeling unsure but adamant about having this conversation. "Hades claimed me, and that was it. If I received the payment, then I finished the job, right? Then why am I continuing this mission?"

Instead of responding to her, he shot her another question. "What was the reason behind wanting that payment, Ariadne?"

Hades knew everything Ariadne desired. For years, he had molded her into the version that he wanted, and if he asked for his daughter to tell him something, then she would without question. He had coaxed out of Ariadne her deepest desire. Giving her a place in his council would only fortify the idea that she was now legitimate.