48 | act ii, scene xxiii

W A R N I N G

Mentions of mature content.

╔═════ °• •°═════╗

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

╚═════ °• •°═════╝

𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐓 out of that house.

He could hear his breathing and silence seeping from the walls around him. Being in bed made him feel weak. Tom needed to get up and start his day, but he couldn't be in the Manor much longer.

He awoke to the steady pattern of snow upon his window, flakes yet to scatter the nascent rays of the rising sun. The sound brought calmness to mind, a soothing melody, and a natural lullaby. The song of the rain becomes a fusion, birds carrying sweet high notes.

Tom showered and got ready quickly. He had to get out of this filthy mansion now. He couldn't live in such conditions with food and alcohol marring the floors and the walls.

He'd gotten exponentially better. He felt less weak, as a matter of fact, and his heartbeat was back to normal (or as normal as it could get anyway). Thanatos had been right. Being close to Ariadne made him heal faster. If only the girl didn't have a knack for wanting to kill him, Tom would keep her locked up.

He wondered if this meant that the girl could be his salvation or his destruction. But perhaps, she was both or neither.

Only time would tell.

He opened his door and strolled through the Manor, seeing portraits hanging to the side and liquor bottles thrown everywhere. Most statues that decorated the hallways had clothes hanging as if someone had used them for a coat rack. Food and spilled champagne hung on the walls, sticky to the carpet beneath his shoes.

The elves had started to clean the house, but it seemed the hallway he was residing in needed to be cleaned.

His lips curled in disgust.