23 | act i, scene xxiii

╔═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╗

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

╚═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╝

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐔𝐋. They controlled humanity's fate and always used their worshippers as pawns.

A god chose when a human was to live or when to die and where you would go to the next life. Heaven was a good place for the good souls to rest. And Hell was where all the sinners burned in the hands of angry gods. Heaven was like a garden. Hell was a pit of ice and fire, scattering ashes and a coldness that could chill the thickest bones.

Ariadne liked to think that the human souls that roamed the Earth were flowers. But if their souls were flowers, they were tiny things that could be crushed in seconds. Humans could choose if their souls decay or grow within the minute with their actions, what they say, and how they act. Getting into heaven was like a game, accumulating points to see if a person was good enough.

And when a god chose a flower, it picked it up and tore it from the soil of the Earth. So the question was: which one would it choose?

It always chooses the most beautiful ones.

"He hasn't gone!" Harry yelled.

Ariadne knew he was gone. She had seen Harry's godfather pass through the veil like a ghost, his eyes glassy and his body disappearing into thin mist.

"Sirius!" he bellowed, "Sirius!"

"He can't come back, Harry," said Lupin, his voice breaking as he struggled to contain Harry. "He can't come back because he's dead."

"He is not dead!" roared Harry. "Sirius!"

There was a movement around them, pointless bustling, the flashes of more spells. Ariadne had to keep moving, but Harry fought Lupin with all his strength.

Lupin dragged Harry away from the dais, Harry still staring at the archway, angry at Sirius now for keeping him waiting.

Most of the surviving Death Eaters were gathered in the chamber's center, presumably imprisoned by invisible cords done by Dumbledore. One of the Aurors with a strange eye crept across the room and attempted to resurrect the Auror with flaming hair. There were still bursts of light, groans, and shouts behind the dais, indicating that another Auror had rushed forward to continue Sirius' battle with Bellatrix.

"Harry?"

One by one, Neville had slid down the stone seats to the spot where Harry stood. Harry was no longer fighting Lupin, but he still had a firm grasp on his arm as a precaution.