30 | act ii, scene v

W A R N I N G

Knife usage. Slight mentions of blood.

╔═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╗

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞

╚═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╝

𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 a sign on the board in the Common Room that announced that Professor Snape was going to be the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and Professor Slughorn would take his place as Potions professor.

Ariadne exited the Dungeons and set off on the corridor, walking towards the Great Hall for breakfast.

The Great Hall's ceiling was serenely blue and streaked with fragile, wispy clouds, similar to the squares of sky seen through the high-mullioned windows. Ariadne only got some oatmeal, eggs, and bacon. She sat there, eating, waiting for Professor Snape to come down from the staff table. This year's class schedule distribution was more problematic than usual because Professor Snape needed first to certify that everyone had attained the appropriate O.W.L. grades to continue with their selected N.E.W.T.s.

Ariadne waited for him to be finished with the first people who had approached him. She didn't find it surprising that Tom was one of the first he talked to, and without further ado, he left the Hall for his first period.

Finally, he approached Ariadne after some time, and the assassin stood up to greet him.

"Excellent marks you got on your O.W.L's, Miss Velasquez," he complimented, although it was rare for him to do that. Professor Snape only cared about the students in his house, but it was still rare. Although, Ariadne had achieved Outstanding O.W.L's on every subject she had taken. "Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Transfiguration, Potions, Ancient Runes will be the subjects you will take, yes?"

Snape peered at her, and Ariadne nodded. She was about to say something before he interrupted her, speaking in a low voice. "You will have Arithmancy, Divination, Astronomy, and Care of Magical Creatures to take too since Dumbledore has informed me of your task."

"Yes," Ariadne replied. "That's fine, professor. Thank you."

"Very well, then. Here is your schedule," Professor Snape said and tapped a blank schedule with the tip of his wand before handing it to Ariadne, which now had information about her future classes. He pivoted on his heel and left her to rush to her first class, Ancient Runes.

Classes went on in a blur, and an hour later, Ariadne was making line outside the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom door. She saw Harry and Ron walk up to Hermione, who was way up to the front, and the assassin hoped in her mind that they did not notice her.