31 | act ii, scene vi

W A R N I N G

Slight mentions of mild gore, blood, and sexual assault.

╔═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╗

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊

╚═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╝

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐕𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀 family that sprung from thin air. This family was not very famous, but it was not unknown either. They were from some part of Sweden or Norway and had moved to England relatively recently during 1970. Most of the high-wizarding society knew they were purebloods. Apart from that, nobody knew anything about their pasts, only that both Ervin Ivanshov and Aleksandra Ivanshova had assisted Durmstrang Institute from 1961 to 1969.

Their daughter had to carry the male version of her surname as she had been born in England during the First Wizarding War.

Aleksandra and Ervin had wanted to sneak into higher society but failed to do so when strange incidents happened to their only child Celestia Ivanshov. It wasn't that bad things happened to her but around her. Moreover, many parents in high society had been concerned about the girl's behavior when their children came up to them and told them about what happened.

Sometimes, Celestia said something was going to happen, and it was just a matter of time when that same thing happened just as precisely as she had predicted. She tried to tell her parents that something was wrong with her, but they brushed it off, underestimating the girl's intelligence.

That's until one incident happened the summer before Celestia attended Hogwarts.

The Rosiers, a respectable family part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, had invited the Ivanshovs for a ball they were throwing that summer. Ervin and Aleksandra had dragged Celestia out of her bed and prepared her for her first ball. Of course, she had only been a child, but other children attended. The thing was, all kids that were attending were educated enough not to run around and cause disasters around the Rosier's house, so no one worried there was going to be chaos.

Celestia had worn her best dress for the occasion, and her parents had pulled their best jewelry and tuxes to attend. The girl had not wanted to attend simply because she hated being around other people. Most of the time, if not all the time, she just could not speak to anyone outside the Ivanshov Manor. Anxiety reached out with its cold hands and gripped Celestia's bones most of the time, and the strange things that happened around her did not help her anxiety that worsened by the second.

The little girl shuddered as her blue eyes took in the ballroom. She saw some children sneaking glances at her and whispering. Her lip trembled, and she turned back to look at her parents. She held her father's hand, and she gripped it so hard that her fingers ached, but she did not want to let go. In fact, when she used to be younger, she used to cry when he left and cling to his leg so he would never let her go.