16 | act i, scene xvi

W A R N I N G

Mentions of death, blood, and gore.

╔═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╗

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

╚═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╝

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐎𝐈𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 had gone by like a flurry of movement, and her creeping thoughts were the only company she kept. But Ariadne remembered she had a task and finally stood up Wednesday morning, two days before the so-called Spring Ball. The week of spring break was almost going to be over. April had just started, and spring was already flourishing.

She put on her garments slowly as if she could stop Cronus's yield on time. She was almost about to turn the knob when she turned around to look at the table at the side of the bed where her wand lay.

The assassin hesitated, but she quickly grabbed the wand from her bed. She felt she would need it, although Ariadne was not planning on breaking her vow not to use magic anytime soon.

Ariadne sighed reluctantly and went to the terrace to see Yasmine and the others having lunch by the pool. She headed in their way, her steps lethargic as she did so. She could smell breakfast now as she made her way to the terrace—French toast, bacon, and hot chocolate—and she couldn't blame her stomach growling for food.

"Ah, Ariadne," Levina greeted her. "Come and join us."

"About time," Celestia grumbled. "Sleeping Beauty sure does sleep a lot."

Celestia let out a yelp as Levina elbowed her ribs and shot her a dark look as Ariadne approached them.

Yasmine poured herself a cup of coffee. Her clothes were neatly pressed and combined by color. The red she was wearing made her bronze skin stand out.

Celestia was still wearing her pajamas, her head disheveled since she hadn't bothered to comb her hair.

"Please, Ariadne, help yourself." Celestia waved toward a buffet table piled with high food. "Then we can get started with the plan for today."

Ariadne made her way to the buffet, where food was arrayed neatly and sorted by color. She snagged some mashed potatoes with chicken and made her way to them. She took a seat at the table with her food and blinked tiredly.

"What are you planning to do today?" Ariadne inquired as she yawned from lack of sleep.

"Well, I was planning on sleeping in, of course. Do you guys have something to do?" Celestia queried and took a sip of her pumpkin juice.