15 | act i, scene xv

W A R N I N G

Mentions of animal cruelty, blood, and gore. 

╔═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╗

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

╚═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╝

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐄 woke up with a groan. She felt sweat pool on her neck, and she tried to wipe it off but to no avail. She looked around the room and sat up to turn on the light.

Now with the lamp-light glow, she could look clearly as the rays of light spread as petals around the walls. Ivanshov Manor was all white with carved decorations on the ceilings, and her room had a vanity and a desk of exquisite wood.

She stood up and walked to the window to let out some light. As she pushed the curtains aside, she was slightly blinded by the sharpness of the colors of noon. She had slept almost the whole day, and Ariadne blinked at the realization.

Ariadne heard a soft knock on her door, and she quickly rushed to open it where Levina stood over the threshold. Dacquer smiled softly, and Ariadne permitted her to enter the room while yawning again.

The light hit Levina's skin immediately, giving her brown skin a golden glow as she turned around and faced the assassin.

"Come on, get ready. We'll go to London for a stroll," Levina said while smiling at Ariadne. The girl looked wary as if her mind had been plagued with nightmares.

"Wait, Levina!" Ariadne called out as the Hufflepuff turned to leave. Dacquer turned around and gazed at Velasquez questioningly.

"Come." Ariadne beckoned and opened her door wide. When Levina got inside, Ariadne shut the door and turned to her. "Are you okay? Yesterday you had some kind of episode."

Levina gave her a smile that was forced. "I'm fine, Ariadne."

The assassin stepped closer. "I don't think you're fine, Levina. I'm not the best person you can talk to, but at least letting it out will help you."

Dacquer said nothing, and Ariadne poked even further.

"When Celestia said they, who did she mean by that? Are any pureblood families bothering you?" Ariadne questioned.

Levina sighed and said, "My mother was Rhiannon Lestrange. She was the youngest one in the family."

Ariadne nodded, "And they don't like you because you're a half-blood, I assume?"

The witch nodded and played with her fingers. "My mum died when I was a year old, and she paid the price for not following their pureblood rules. I have nightmares of the day she died, and I think her mother killed her."