26 | act ii, scene i

W A R N I N G

Mentions of self-harm.

╔═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╗

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖎𝖝

╚═════ °• ✠ •° ═════╝

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐏𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐌𝐀 𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐙 met Hades was when the devil waged war in the heavens that even angels had to fall.

It had been during May on a blasphemous day when the heat felt like it had come from Hell itself, and yet, no matter how much Paloma would sweat in the Guamilito, she still had to buy the tortillas for the week.

The Guamilito Market was located in the neighborhood of the same name, one of the oldest neighborhoods in San Pedro Sula. Tall houses made of wood, adobe, and brick formed a setting that transported one to the strong influence of the banana companies in the region. The market was built in the early 1960s and successfully preserved an image as modern as it was in its origins. It was accessible from the four cardinal points, and along with flowers and groceries, the market had a fantastic offer of national and Central American handicrafts.

Paloma could smell the blood, sweat, and tears it took to work hard every day to make a living. The people working there were honorable and sought to get out of poverty, but evil always lurked in places where it was unwanted.

Just when she was about to pay for the food she had ordered, the witch noticed a man walking near the flowers some vendors sell, making them wither as he passed. The man walked like he owned the place, with his hands in his pockets and his mouth quirking in a harsh smile, drawing attention to his strong jaw, covered in dark stubble. He was cloaked in darkness from his inky black hair to his black suit, and he was well over six feet tall. He carried a gaze so dark that Paloma felt he was staring right at his soul.

Paloma gulped and paid the vendor so she could get out of there. This man sent her stomach in a spiral. She could feel the man's eyes penetrating her like a warning, but she could not turn back. Paloma had spent years trying to escape anything related to the wizarding world, and she would not stop running away from some stupid man on the street.

The witch turned down a corner, and with her mind occupied by the man in the suit, she did not see another man walking in her direction, with a hand in his pocket and carrying a face filled with so much rage that one would think he was out here to kill.

Paloma followed her instincts and tilted her head to see if anyone was following her, and when she checked that no one was behind her, she turned around again a gun appeared right in her face.

"Quieta y dame todo lo que traes."

Her blood went cold. Paloma gripped the bag tightly and reached for her pocket. Of course, the man probably thought she was getting her money, but instead, she whipped out her hand and spat, "Stupefy!"