51 | act ii, scene xxvi

W A R N I N G

Mature content.

╔═════ °• ✠ •°═════╗

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊

╚═════ °• •°═════╝

𝐈𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐓𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 at Hogwarts was somber now it was haunting. Every time Ariadne walked the hallways, she could see the students with their faces ashen, tendons standing out in their necks, and their elbows pressing into the sides, making themselves as small as possible.

For the first time, the students of Hogwarts were afraid. The fact that Isobel's body had shown up on the shores of the Black Lake made everyone nervous, even the professors. No such thing had ever happened in the school, and the worst part was that they did not know what had happened to them.

Ariadne had seen how they had carried her body, covering the corpse with a blanket, but not even the cloak could mask the stench of death that accompanied her. She had seen the girl's parents sob uncontrollably at seeing her daughter dead, and in a fit of grief, the girl's mother had shouted at the professors, saying they had not done their job right.

If anything, it wasn't their fault. It was Ariadne's because the girl was utterly sure that Alecto had to do something with that. Hades wouldn't have blamed the Fury because it wasn't his problem, and the more souls he had to control the Underworld, the better.

The assassin couldn't care less if it was her fault. She didn't know the girl and couldn't blame herself for letting Alecto kill Isobel. After all, Hades had sent her to check that Ariadne was on track with her mission.

Velasquez closed her suitcase, careful with her bag so she couldn't spill the potion she had stolen from the Potions Cabinet. The girl pushed the entrance to the Great Hall open, and it didn't feel the same as when she had arrived for the first time to be Sorted by the Sorting Hat. The ceiling gave the impression of a night sky with stars distributed throughout the pitch-blackness of space. Still, instead, there were silver colors that appeared molten silver whirling in both constant and radiating waves. It was like the calm before the storm as if the magic used to enchant the ceiling was alerting them to impending doom.