Howlers

Hurt. Sorrow. Detriment. Heartache.

Whatever you want to call it, that's what Skyra Malfoy was feeling. Her firstborn son, the little blonde hair, grey-eyed boy who stole her heart back in her sixth year. A spitting image of her husband, Servius Oliver, and Lycissa Amelie Malfoy, the two who stole their hearts.

Draco had always had a strong and unbreakable bond with Lycissa while Skyra had the same type of bond with Servius. It was a bond that only parents and children could have.

The thoughts that were running through her head seemed jumbled, but one thing that kept circling in her mind was what happened.

What happened to the sweet, innocent little blonde hair, grey-eyed boy that had loved his family and would never hurt anyone. What changed in him? Why did all of a sudden his prerogative change and he had it out for his siblings? She beat her fists into the wall, tears staining her cheeks, the lump in her throat not allowing her to scream.

She just wanted answers to what changed with her son. Why did he change? What changed him? Did she truly fail as a mother to him, that he felt that he had to act out and harm one of his siblings?

All of the rolling questions to the top of her head, she needed answers but didn't know how to figure them out. Were she and Draco doing the best thing for their family by sending Servius to Durmstrang? They had to ensure the safety of their other children, even if that meant sending one of them away to protect the others. The one who was becoming a danger to not only himself but everyone around him.

"Good morning, thank you for seeing us on such short notice, Headmaster."

Turning around in his leather chair, their eyes meet the shoulder-length brown hair, and salt and pepper colored beard with his beady eyes. "Young Draco Malfoy has grown up. What can I do for you?"

"I want to enroll my son Servius in your institution. He needs an attitude adjustment and we know how tightly you run the institute."

His head slightly turning, eye-balling Servius, "Mhm, I see. I have room for him. I will have our head boy get him settled in. Is there anything else?"

"You may punish him any way you see fit," Draco says with prominence. "Thank you for taking him in. Servius, maybe this will teach you how to treat your siblings; more importantly, your mum."

A chuckle left Servius' lips, "Whatever dad."

"Let's go Draco. Igor has it from here. It was good seeing you again."

"You as well, Lucius, Severus."

The three men apparate out of Durmstrang and back to the manor. Sky had fallen asleep and Draco didn't want to wake her. He knew she had a lot of stress running through her with all going on. Instead, he climbed into the bed and held her in his arms, wondering if everything going on was his fault.

Day 9

The days have dragged by slowly, nothing truly felt the same anymore without Servius around. Neither Draco nor Sky have been the same since sending their son away.

Everyone has been stepping quietly around the two. Only, for this reason, they are unsure of how the outcome of the situation will be when they bring Servius up. None of the kids were truly themselves.

Lycissa had to front a smile for the sake of her daughter. She didn't want baby Aurora to see her mum sad, even if she wanted to cry because she missed her brother.

Thomas, despite almost being cut open by his older brother, he still didn't like everything that was going on.

The grandparents did everything they could to help their children and grandchildren process not having one of their own there. Most of the time, they all spent it inside, even on the prettiest of days. Regardless of the laughter little Aurora created throughout the house, happiness was nowhere to be found, nor did it seem as if anyone wanted to find the happiness.