35. Confession

It was 4 in the morning and Shinso hadn't even fallen asleep yet. Instead he just held onto you tightly, played with the ends of your hair, and admired your face for the millionth time as you slept.

He was actually starting to doze off. His eyelids were getting heavier and he was having a hard time keeping them open.

Just as he closed his eyes your phone went off.

His eyes snapped open and he watched as your brows furrow and you huffed before opening your eyes.

You groaned as you rolled over and grabbed your phone, rubbing your eyes with the other hand and then reaching for your glasses.

"Too early." You mumbled.

Then your eyes widened as you read the message on your phone. You slipped out of Shinso's arms and crawled out of bed.

"Everything okay?" Shinso asked, scaring you half to death because you didn't realize he was awake.

You grabbed the edge of your bed to settle yourself. "Jesus christ you scared me" You whispered.

"Sorry" He whispered back before nodding towards your phone. "Is everything alright?"

You nodded and reached under your glasses to rub your eyes again. "Yeah, I just gotta go for a bit. The mission is starting soon."

"Right now?" Shinso asked as he raised his eyebrows.

"Soon" You answered. "I'm just gonna go talk to Midoriya and everyone else involved."

Shinso sat up. "Are you gonna come back here before you leave?"

"I dunno" You said as you placed your hands on the bed and leaned over to him. "Go back to sleep"

"I never went to sleep." He muttered with a slight pout.

You gave him a look. "Then you should really go to sleep now."

"Please don't get hurt" He said, ignoring your previous comment.

You raised your eyebrows at him. "You think my dad would let me get hurt?"

That made Shinso feel a bit better, of course your dad wouldn't let you get hurt.

He nodded his head. "You're right"

He leaned towards you and wrapped his arms around you. "Do your best"

You hugged him back and kissed his cheek. "I will"

You broke the hug and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. "Now go to sleep, and don't worry about me. I'll be back in no time! Then I can finish sleeping!"

You pushed off the bed and turned towards the door. "Bye Hitoshi, see ya later"

"Y/n" He called right as you grabbed the box that held your hero suit and opened the door.

You turned around and hummed. "Hm?"

"I uh- I" He gulped.

Why was it so hard to say what he wanted to. It was three simple words, and yet he couldn't just say them?

He sighed. "See you later"

You smiled and waved before slipping out of your room and closing the door behind you.

You walked down to the common room where you saw Midoriya, Kirishima, Asui, and Uraraka all in their pajamas and holding onto their phones.

"You ready for this?" Kirishima asked you.

You nodded your head.

Ready as you'd ever be.

-