3

CRUSH

"Hey, Tae?"

Taehyung averted his eyes from the monitor of the playstation to his best friend sitting next to him. Jimin had the controller in his hands, playing with the buttons out of nervousness, a conflicted, unsure expression resting on his face.

"Is something wrong?" The younger blond questioned, putting his controller aside to turn his maximum attention to his best friend.

"No, that's not it, but I need to tell you something," Jimin spoke quietly, dropping his controller in his lap.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "Did something happen?"

Chewing on his lip, Jimin took a deep breath. "Not really, but like.. a week ago or so, when I was in the cafeteria to buy myself some breakfast, I noticed I forgot money and it was already my turn and the woman working there had already prepared everything and you know, I got really embarrassed and so on.."

That's it? Taehyung thought, a silly smile forming on his lips, but Jimin continued.

"And like, since I had no money, someone offered to pay for me.."

Taehyung's eyes widened as he saw the blush forming on Jimin's cheeks. "Oh my god, don't tell me— who was it?"

"You won't like it," Jimin mumbled. "It was Yoongi.."

And just like Jimin expected, Taehyung's smile fell. He did not expect it.

"That's nice of him.."

Jimin pouted. "I know because of what happened between Jeongguk and you, you don't like either of them, but Yoongi is actually really nice. Today he..." he hesitated.. "He asked me on a date for tomorrow."

If Taehyung wasn't stunned already, then he was now. His eyes doubled in size. "Yoongi... asked you? The Min Yoongi?" The one who is hard as stone, bored of anything, rude to everyone and unbothered as hell? That Min Yoongi?

"Yeah.." He cleared his throat. "I caught him stealing glances at me during first period."

Oh that's where Taehyung had maths, with Jeongguk sitting next to him.

"And when class ended, he approached me and asked for my number and told me that he wants to get to know me. I was surprised myself, but, I really would love to get to know him too... Please don't be mad?" The last words were almost a whisper.

Taehyung still couldn't comprehend that the Min Yoongi asked his best friend out. "Why would I be mad? I'm happy for you. I just hope he means it genuine and won't hurt you."

"That sounds as if we were in a relationship already," Jimin said, tone of his voice disgusted, although the blush on his cheeks revealed that he liked the idea.

Taehyung chuckled. "I'm just saying. He is Jeongguk's best friend, I wouldn't want you to go through the same as me.."

Jimin nodded, giving Taehyung a worried look. "I'll take care of myself."

"Promise?" Taehyung asked, smiling at Jimin, who nodded quickly.

"Promise." He hugged Taehyung tightly, burying his face in the younger's chest. "Thank you."

"I just want you to be happy," the younger blond whispered, caressing Jimin's hair.

That's what I mean when I say Taehyung's facade is almost inscrutable. He disliked the thought of Jimin getting involved with Yoongi and Jeongguk. He dreaded it.

He knows for a fact, that the two don't mean any good— or maybe he believes that himself. He never really spoke to Yoongi, but the fact he is Jeongguk's best friend tells a lot.