10

MY BOYS

Taehyung stood at the main entrance of the school building, looking outside at the heavy rain pouring down on Seoul. And when I say heavy, I mean heavy- it would only take two seconds for a person to get soaked up and Taehyung had no umbrella with him.

This day was such a pain in the ass.

With a deep sigh, Taehyung adjusted his backpack on his shoulders again and then walked out-

"Wait, shorty!"

Or he did not, when a familiar voice called out for him. He turned around to see Jeongguk walking towards him. "You shouldn't walk through the rain."

Taehyung was stunned once more. Who was this Jeongguk? And what happened to the Jeongguk he had argued with this morning.

"It's fine, I'm not living far from school-

"I know, but you still might catch a cold. Take this." Jeongguk handed him something. A thing that Taehyung really needed right now. An umbrella.

And he couldn't believe Jeongguk just gave it to him.

"N-no, it's okay. You live farther than me-

"I actually... don't," the ravenette spoke, scratching the back of his head.

"Oh yeah, right, you moved houses." Taehyung nodded to himself, eyes falling to the umbrella. "Anyways, take the umbrella and go home, I'll just go like this."

Taehyung pushed the umbrella back into Jeongguk's hands and then turned around to finally step outside, awaiting the cold rain to hit his clothes and seep to his skin.

But it never happened. Not even when he was ten steps away from the school building already. He looked to his side, shocked. "What are you doing?"

Jeongguk grinned, holding the umbrella between him and Taehyung, walking with him under it. "I'm going to walk you home, so you don't get wet."

Taehyung felt something swirl inside of him, but he covered it with a scowl. "You don't have to," he grumbled, heart acting up for obvious reasons.

This shouldn't be happening, because Jeongguk was just going to be gone tomorrow again.

Taehyung believes, that what is happening right now is nothing more but a post-effect of being locked up for three hours together.

"I'm being nice, just accept it."

"That's what I don't understand? Why are you being nice?" Taehyung was looking down the whole time, watching his shoes get soaked with the cold rain water, as the question rolled past his lips.

"Because I don't want you to catch a cold," Jeongguk's voice turned softer and Taehyung noticed, heat shooting to his cheeks. His eyes widened as he realized that something that Jeongguk said made him blush and cleared his throat.

"Well... thanks."

"No problem." No it wasn't supposed to be this way. Jeongguk should wish for Taehyung to catch a cold, miss classes and then mess up on the exams. He should wish to not see Taehyung at school, because he doesn't like him, right? He finds Taehyung boring.

So why in the frick frack was he accompanying Taehyung home, sharing an umbrella. Not to mention the little signals that would shout through him whenever their shoulders would brush just slightly, as they were walking close to each other. Very close.

And just like Taehyung had mentioned earlier, he wasn't living far from the school, so barely 10 minutes passed and the boys were standing in front of the blond's house. He glanced to Jeongguk a little, finding the raven's eyes studying the door and the architecture of the house, as if he hadn't spend half of his childhood in there.